Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locked: Huawei Smartphone

Options
  • 10-12-2012 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Ok first off apologies if this has been answered but I have looked and looked and can't seem to find any posts that answer this directly.

I did something really dumb: having never owned a Smartphone (or even anything past 2005 Tesco Nokia, lol) I let my adorable nephew play with my phone this weekend and voila---locked. It asked for my email and password which I gave but since I just upgraded the software to 'Ice Cream Sandwich', i think perhaps my email wasn't registered yet or something? I really can't understand why the email isn't working, but oh well.

Question now is: how do I get it unlocked without having to "send it away" as the vodafone guy told me :( I am so bummed....anyone have some advice? I am in Dublin.

Thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭0066ad

What huawei device is it? and how do you mean locked?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Cora Mahoney

Huawei-Ascend-G300_11.jpg

Hi it's this one.

And by "locked" I mean it's telling me I had "too many password attempts" and now won't let me use the phone :(

Huawei-Ascend-G300_11.jpg

Hi it's this one.

And by "locked" I mean it's telling me I had "too many password attempts" and now won't let me use the phone :(

A hard reset should fix that for you, guide here
    http://www.hard-reset.com/huawei-ascend-g300-hard-reset.html
    You will lose your information like text's etc

Thank you very much :)

Dammit :(

I have been trying and trying, but all that happens for me after I power it off and then press and volume UP with the POWER button is it turns back on and leaves me with the same screen asking for my gmail addy and password.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

I have been trying and trying, but all that happens for me after I power it off and then press and volume UP with the POWER button is it turns back on and leaves me with the same screen asking for my gmail addy and password.

Were you able to get to the recovery? It should look something like this:

Open up the back and take the battery out for a few seconds and try
    again, it should work

Worked after I took the battery out: thanks again :)

Worked after I took the battery out: thanks again :)

Happy to help, sorry I should have said take out battery earlier :eek:

Advertisement