Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Architects involved in Grangegorman development

Options
  • 10-12-2012 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭

hi,

had a research but couldn't find any info which architects are involved in the Grangegorman development.

anybody knows? thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

nobody a clue?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bohsfan

Moore Ruble Yudell Architects and Planners with DMOD Architects were responsible for the Masterplan. You can find out more at the Grangegprman Development Agency website.

bohsfan wrote: »
    Moore Ruble Yudell Architects and Planners with DMOD Architects were responsible for the Masterplan. You can find out more at the Grangegprman Development Agency website.

interesting, moore ruble yudell are american architects. without disregarding their surely high competences but I would have thought (and wished) there would be only irish architects involved as most are struggling to survive...weird

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Luca Brasi

tara73 wrote: »
    interesting, moore ruble yudell are american architects. without disregarding their surely high competences but I would have thought (and wished) there would be only irish architects involved as most are struggling to survive...weird

Maybe they are too busy deleting Priory Hall and all the other shacks they designed from their CVs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

hi,

had a research but couldn't find any info which architects are involved in the Grangegorman development.

anybody knows? thanks.

From the infrastructure forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055972651&page=8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

It would have gone to tender on the open market with the best design winning. Back handers and jobs for the boys are what got this country in a mess. Jobs should be awarded to the most competent and suited body.

ted1 wrote: »
    It would have gone to tender on the open market with the best design winning. Back handers and jobs for the boys are what got this country in a mess. Jobs should be awarded to the most competent and suited body.

yes, I was thinking about this possibility already as well, that it would have been an open or invited competition.
    still I would have liked in this case to support the irish architects. could still have been a competition but with irish architects only invited.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

yes, I was thinking about this possibility already as well, that it would have been an open or invited competition.
    still I would have liked in this case to support the irish architects. could still have been a competition but with irish architects only invited.

That's not legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

So it's jobs for the boys...... As this is being funded by tax payers I want to see the best value for money. If that involves using a foreign crowd then so be it. Perhaps the Irish architects need to look at why they were unsuccessful and enter a more competitive and higher standard tender in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ron00

Hi there,
    Just wanted to jump in and give some info on the Grangegorman project. Moore Ruble Yudell designed the Masterplan in association with Irish firm Duffy Mitchell O Donoghue following an international competition. It was international according to EU procurement law.
    More recently we have more architects on board.
    Maloney O' Beirne architects took over as project architects on the replacement mental health facility for St. Brendan's Hospital. This building is nearly complete.
    Coady Partnership are involved in carrying out stabilisation work on some of the protected structures on the site.
    RKD are the architects and team leaders on the design of a new building, called the Environmental Health Sciences Institute
    Taylor Architects are the architects and team leaders on the adaptive re-use of 6 structures on the site for the arrival of 1,000 students in 2014.
    Finally,
    Moore Ruble Yudell and DMOD are still involved with the project as the design team for the Public Realm aspect of the project, whic we got planning permission for last week.
    If you would like more information contact communications@ggda.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement