Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dave Perry

• 10-12-2012 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭

What's he really like? I just watched the infamous incident where he goes into a sulk after losing Mario 64 and apparently there has been bad blood between him and Dominik Diamond ever since. If you read his side of the story he was set up to lose which tarnished his reputation as the UK's best gamesplayer. Oh yeah forgot to add, Gamesmaster [edit]was hilarious, so many jokes!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Oh yeah forgot to add, Gamesmaster was hilarious, so many jokes!

FYP. :(

RIP Sir Patrick Moore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Mr E wrote: »
    FYP. :(

RIP Sir Patrick Moore.

It is sad that Sir Patrick Moore passed away, I was just saying though that there were a lot of jokes worked into the script by Diamond which I'm picking up now that I'm watching it back. GM had quite a lot of character to it, it would never get made today which is why it's so awesome looking back on it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Apparently Dave Perry and Dominik Diamond hated each other around series three. Dave was getting annoyed at him making fun of him all the time but made up later on. Dave Perry mentions on his personal website that the tantrum he threw in that famous episode was just him playing up for the cameras to make it more interesting but that's just one side of the story. It was really obvious he was set up to lose, they picked Mario 64 on purpose since they knew he hadn't gotten a chance to play it yet and it was a N64 and they asked questions in a way that he would answer quick and then change the question around.

I doubt it mad him look anything less like the self proclaimed UK's best gamer but whether he took it in good spirits is a different question.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Apparently Dave Perry and Dominik Diamond hated each other around series three. Dave was getting annoyed at him making fun of him all the time but made up later on. Dave Perry mentions on his personal website that the tantrum he threw in that famous episode was just him playing up for the cameras to make it more interesting but that's just one side of the story. It was really obvious he was set up to lose, they picked Mario 64 on purpose since they knew he hadn't gotten a chance to play it yet and it was a N64 and they asked questions in a way that he would answer quick and then change the question around.

I doubt it mad him look anything less like the self proclaimed UK's best gamer but whether he took it in good spirits is a different question.

I thought that was the highlight of the show, legendary tv, nothing like that happens anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Just checked the clip there. I don't actually remember it from back in the day, so as an outsider looking in, I reckon Dave just looks like a sore loser... and a bit of a prick. However, all I'm basing that on is the youtube clip below:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I remember Dominik Diamond opening Virgin Game Store on Dawson St back in the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Skerries wrote: »
    I remember Dominik Diamond opening Virgin Game Store on Dawson St back in the day

Ha, ha me too! I remember some Super Mario World being played on that system demo unit that looked like a cross between a prop from Red Dwarf and something that got rejected from the "Industrial Zone" section of The Crystal Maze.

Advertisement