Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fulham v Newcastle Utd (KO 20:00 - SS1HD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Demba ba has lost the ball every time he got it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

That's it, Cisse just get off the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Cisse why did you stop? We seem to pick the wrong option 80%of the time

M5 wrote: »
    Cisse why did you stop? We seem to pick the wrong option 80%of the time

Along with Pardew's team selection and tactics 80% of the time.

Cisses 2nd touch is invariably a tackle or a header. Whats wrong with the chap?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

The booing of Duff is comedy gold. Silly Geordies.

bazual wrote: »
    Along with Pardew's team selection and tactics 80% of the time.

30 mins and we change it. Why was the team not started like that??????

Silly Geordies? The lad was on a season long nap when we got relegated. Also one of the first to jump ship...

Silly Peter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

6 years since Riise has scored. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Why?

He didn't leave on particularly good terms and in nearly every game he played he hardly tried a leg.

Silly Geordies? The lad was on a season long nap when we got relegated. Also one of the first to jump ship...

Silly Peter!

Season long nap? He was used in a position he was never played before by the clueless Shearer. Anyone could see he's not a full-back, not Al though.

How was that a free to Fulham?????:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Silly Peter!

And scored the own goal which took you down. He'd be booed by any team in the country if he had done the same as he did at Newcastle to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Season long nap? He was used in a position he was never played before by the clueless Shearer. Anyone could see he's not a full-back, not Al though.

I believe he played 30 games previous to shearer arriving and did nothing

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Why?

He didn't leave on particularly good terms and in nearly every game he played he hardly tried a leg.

I would disagree on the effort he put in but I guess I didn't see every game. I think it would be difficult for him to suddenly be expected to play out of position when he was in his prime.

• Advertisement

Shearer managed nufc for 8 games u numpty! Duff played half of those!

Shearer was there for 8 games. Duff had been awful for Newcastle long before he turned up.

Shearer was there for 8 games. He played 70-80 games for us and literally did not give a **** for any of them.

Paully D wrote: »
    And scored the own goal which took you down. He'd be booed by any team in the country if he had done the same as he did at Newcastle to be honest.

I'm sure he meant to score the OG alrite. Scoring an og as a full-back when you're clueless to what that position entails is hardly something you could be overally critical of him.

I'm sure Duff gives a shit about a few mindless Geordies booing him.

• Advertisement

Shearer managed nufc for 8 games u numpty! Duff played half of those!

As a full-back.

Shearer was there for 8 games. Duff had been awful for Newcastle long before he turned up.

The only time then he started playing was when we got relegated and in the championship and he was playing for a move away.

As a full-back.

Incorrect, get your facts right m8...

If they're booing Duff I'd hate to see what treatment Michael Owen would get.

As a full-back.

Repeating the same point over and over again doesn't make it any less right then the first time.

I'm sure he meant to score the OG alrite. Scoring an og as a full-back when you're clueless to what that position entails is hardly something you could be overally critical of him.

Of course he didn't mean it, but when you're one of the highest earners at the club and have been woeful (in every position he played, not just at full back) for over a year and then are one of the first players to leave when the club go down the fans are hardly going to put on the party hats to welcome him back, are they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Some Newcastle players must be colour blind the amount of ball the give away is unbelievable

Of course he didn't mean it, but when you're one of the highest earners at the club and have been woeful (in every position he played, not just at full back) for over a year and then are one of the first players to leave when the club go down the fans are hardly going to put on the party hats to welcome him back, are they?

Jasis even the Sunderland fan is calling BS!

I reckon we should buy Haangeland in January. Our long balls have found him more than any of our teammates in the last 10 games.

anyway enough about duff................

that half ended quite well, weve had a few chances and i think its fair to say we dont deserve to be behind hopefully pards gives it to them now and we come out fighting in the second half

• Advertisement

Incorrect, get your facts right m8...

You're denying he didn't play as a full-back? He played the majority as a full-back, including unluckily scoring an OG to take you down. He was playing in a position he rarely played. Played under 4 different managers too at Newcastle which could hardly have helped but anyone if you guys want to boo that's your right.

If they're booing Duff I'd hate to see what treatment Michael Owen would get.

He would be given an absolutely horrendous reception and rightly so. The journalists up here even hate him.

Some Newcastle players must be colour blind the amount of ball the give away is unbelievable

Shocking!! Like this all season, have no hair to pullout...The really basic stuff seems to be impossible for us. Tactics and management have to be the problem

Well he had couple of career threatening injuries, had what 4 managers in how many years?

I guess with leaving Duff put Ireland ahead of Newcastle in that he wanted to be playing at the highest level so he could be selected. I suppose that could be a good reason to boo him for upping an leaving but to boo him because of your OG reason is hilarious.

Well if he's your highest earner and had a couple of career threatening injuries, had what 4 managers in how many years?

I guess with leaving Duff put Ireland ahead of Newcastle in that he wanted to be playing at the highest level so he could be selected. I suppose that could be a good reason to boo him for upping an leaving but to boo him because of your OG reason is hilarious.

ITS NOT BECAUSE OF THE OG!!!! ARE YOU READING THE OTHER POSTS???

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Repeating the same point over and over again doesn't make it any less right then the first time.

Do you think it was a good tacticial decision?

ITS NOT BECAUSE OF THE OG!!!! ARE YOU READING THE OTHER POSTS???

PaullyD mentioned the OG as one of the reasons. It's not because of the OG then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Decent end to the half, hopefully Newcastle can keep that tempo up in the second. Would like to see Marveaux for Gutierrez.

Well he had couple of career threatening injuries, had what 4 managers in how many years?

To be honest its not just Duff. Habib Beye would get the exact same treatment, along with Michael Owen and some notable Sunderland players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Give it a rest Peter, he would be booed by any fans in the league.

Anyway, we can still get something from this.

Cisse very poor again.

Do you think it was a good tacticial decision?

Irrelevant.

His application and attitude the entire time he was there was appalling(Owen's was even worse).

And we don't mindlessly boo former players. Nolan got a very good reception, even after the game despite him scoring the winner.

For the record, Duff played 1 match at LB for shearer and 6/8 games.

You're denying he didn't play as a full-back? He played the majority as a full-back, including unluckily scoring an OG to take you down. He was playing in a position he rarely played. Played under 4 different managers too at Newcastle which could hardly have helped but anyone if you guys want to boo that's your right.

1/6 from the 8 games he played at LB, go check your facts m8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

For the record, Duff played 1 match at LB for shearer and 6/8 games.

That's what I thought. Enrique, Saylor and Beye were the full backs for the majority of that season.

TaosHum wrote: »
    That's what I thought. Enrique and Beye were the full backs for the majority of that season.

Beye injured for the villa game

• Advertisement

Decent end to the half, hopefully Newcastle can keep that tempo up in the second. Would like to see Marveaux for Gutierrez.

Marveaux for Cisse for me, I have had enough of him. Can't play on the right and when he plays up front is offside more often than not. If he gets a sniff of a chance will take it first time from an outrageous position.

Krul
    Simps----Willo
    Colo----Jonas--
    Tiote
    Anita
    HBA
    Marveaux----Santon--
    Ba

yeah totally mate or fergi who would offer santon support at the back too, fulham are attacking down our left alot that first half

bazual wrote: »
    To be honest its not just Duff. Habib Beye would get the exact same treatment, along with Michael Owen and some notable Sunderland players.

That's fine, I guess. While I know it must be hard for a club watching the players jump ship after they were relegated you could understand why they may have. He like Owen was already injury prone when you bought them and were ****e in fairness but Duff stated in numerous interviews he tried his best. Maybe he was just ****ed and ****e. This season apart it's not like he's been too good since leaving you guys either.

1/6 from the 8 games he played at LB, go check your facts m8

What does that mean m8?

What does that mean m8?

He played 1 of his 6 games under AS at LB. The villa game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement