Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Age restriction on three.

Options
  • 10-12-2012 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭

Any know how to get an age restriction removed from a three mobile?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

You'll have to send documents to customer.services.ie@3mail.com to prove that you're above 18 years.

IIRC I sent a photo of the identity page of my passport and that was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

If you have a credit card, just add it to your My3 account online, that it automatically lift the restriction.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Still dont get this. On pay as you go maybe but on bill pay you have to be over 18 to enter a contract. So why do they have it in place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

godtabh wrote: »
    Still dont get this. On pay as you go maybe but on bill pay you have to be over 18 to enter a contract. So why do they have it in place?

Maybe it's to cover themselves just in case a parent buys a bill pay phone on behalf of their child.

How about this situation? For example, an O2 money card could be purchased by a parent for their child, what would stop the child putting their O2 money number to their My3 account?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Three's system is flawed, I know somone who did it with a laser card when they were 13.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

thats not 3's responsibility what happens to the phone after the contract is signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Sent a mail last night to remove the restriction,they say they will no problem.Also registered a laser card.

Advertisement