Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving to perth

Options
  • 10-12-2012 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Myself and my wife were thinking of moving to perth in the new year we have family there with there own buisness .we are bringing 3 kids with us its a big move but we need to get out of this place we currently own our own buisness and we just get by .we were wondering if anyone has any info or advise on places to live work etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭goulders

Bon voyage, u right to get out, I have two lads in perth, sounds like a great place. Good luck to you and family

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

CL500 wrote: »
    Myself and my wife were thinking of moving to perth in the new year we have family there with there own buisness .we are bringing 3 kids with us its a big move but we need to get out of this place we currently own our own buisness and we just get by .we were wondering if anyone has any info or advise on places to live work etc.
    Well, "near your family" would be the obvious place to live. Perth is a very low-density, spread-out city, and if you don't make a point of living near someone then you can find yourself living pretty far from them. And since family can be a useful social and emotional support to someone dealign with the impact of migration, if I were you I'd rent somewhere close to my family until I found my feet and my job and had some sense of the city and where I like.

What kind of work are you looking for? And what suburb have you family in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Rents are expensive but the sun is free. Everything will feel really expensive until you're earning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CL500

Peregrinus wrote: »
    Well, "near your family" would be the obvious place to live. Perth is a very low-density, spread-out city, and if you don't make a point of living near someone then you can find yourself living pretty far from them. And since family can be a useful social and emotional support to someone dealign with the impact of migration, if I were you I'd rent somewhere close to my family until I found my feet and my job and had some sense of the city and where I like.

What kind of work are you looking for? And what suburb have you family in?

We would like to open a buisness res. Cafe etc . Otherwise anything in managment as we have no degrees only worked for ourselves im 34 wife is 37

We dont exactly know where they live and i dont want to alert our family here until we decide as they would all start planning stuff for us and we want to make our own way.

What visa do you plan on using, I ask as it may affect your timing etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 CL500

catbear wrote: »
    What visa do you plan on using, I ask as it may affect your timing etc.
    Dont know what would i need for a buisnesd

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Have you not looked into visas? I don't want to sound negative, but have you any reason to think you will get a migrant visa?

You should probably peruse this: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/business/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Theres a business type visa if you have $800,000 or $900,000 knocking around.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/business/160/eligibility-business-owner.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

OP I think you need to do a bit more research before going into finer details like where to live.

The folk around here, myself included, can help with that sort of thing but it sounds like you have a LOT of stuff to sort out before even looking at that part.

• Advertisement
Advertisement