Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

39 Bus stop ongar bound hartstown road

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Could it be the company that handles the advertising on the bus shelter?

Edit: Smurfit Kappa Display

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

triple-M wrote: »
    on theroute top of the shelter where it has the location on it it says smurfits on it,anybody know why ? (writing blurred out ) http://maps.google.com/?ll=53.396518,-6.416793&spn=0.001172,0.002411&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=53.396375,-6.416917&panoid=8ojHB6fVnSDQILcS3F7y6A&cbp=12,70.92,,1,5.58 , was there a smurfits factory there before the school?

Believe It or not I think its actually the old cityswift bus shelter that used to be outside the Smurfit factory in glasnevin.

The guys who place and replace the bus shelters often recycle these shelters in other places.

I think that the bus shelter on the left in that photo is back from when the 39 became a cityswift route. The location of the shelter was written in white font on a black panel.

The bus shelters from the newer cityswift routes had black font on a white background. That includes the bus stop on the right and is how you can tell it came from elsewhere.

For reference the Smurfit site in glasnevin is no longer there.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Could it be the company that handles the advertising on the bus shelter?

Edit: Smurfit Kappa Display

This sounds like the most likely explanation to me, don't lots of them have Adshel on them now in a similar position on the bus stops?

Advertisement