Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World rankings after UK Championship

• 10-12-2012 9:06pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

Here's the updated ranking list after last nights final, winner Mark Selby is back at number one, runner up Shaun Murphy is at four. Ken Doherty has just about held onto his place in the top 32, he's at 31.
    Rising star Luca Brecel is at 67 and climbing.

Here's the link to the page........

http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFiles/17/ba/0,,13165~178711,00.pdf

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭cack_handed

Geoff Foulds, Tony Knowles, Jim Meadowcroft(!!!) all ahead of Davy Morris?? Is Davy even still playing these days? And Maureen McCarthy is officially Belfast's No.1 snooker player ahead of Joe Swail...say it ain't so Joe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Can anybody tell me what exactly happened to that 17yr old for Iran Hossein Ayouri. He was meant to be very highly rated but has not played on the tour. Did he get refused a world permit or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Spiderpig92

i think the likes of Tony Knowles and Jim Meadowcroft are still in the list because they retain wpbsa membership. This allows them to enter the preliminary qualifiers for the world championships etc which John Parrott did last year

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me what exactly happened to that 17yr old for Iran Hossein Ayouri. He was meant to be very highly rated but has not played on the tour. Did he get refused a world permit or something.

Nothing, he's played in a lot of qualifiers and PTC's but IIRC he hasn't got past the first round in anything this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Could someone please explain to me why rankings from 129-165 are mentioned. They all have zero points.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Could someone please explain to me why rankings from 129-165 are mentioned. They all have zero points.

These players are all off the main tour, they have retained their membership purely for voting rights eg to join the WPBSA board or in the case of Parrot, Chappel and Jones they can play in the qualifiers for the world championships and world seniors

I was much more curious to know the status of Davy Morris, Joe Swail & Patrick Wallace who I see languishing towards the bottom with 0 points, just like all the old veterans. I guess they're all off the main tour now, but I doubt they're that much interested in maintaining voting rights or is it just they can at least still enter the World qualifiers? Swail in particular seems to have fallen off the ladder quite abruptly!?

I was much more curious to know the status of Davy Morris, Joe Swail & Patrick Wallace who I see languishing towards the bottom with 0 points, just like all the old veterans. I guess they're all off the main tour now, but I doubt they're that much interested in maintaining voting rights or is it just they can at least still enter the World qualifiers? Swail in particular seems to have fallen off the ladder quite abruptly!?

Yes the three you have mentioned have indeed all fallen off the main tour, however Joe Swail due to his great run as an amateur in this seasons PTC events will rejoin the tour next season with a two year exemption.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

zack01 wrote: »
    Yes the three you have mentioned have indeed all fallen off the main tour, however Joe Swail due to his great run as an amateur in this seasons PTC events will rejoin the tour next season with a two year exemption.

It's always nice to see Joe on the telly, he comes across as a normal nice guy. Selby was way too strong for him in that PTC final a while ago. Was great to see him playing well again.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭babymanval

Anyone know what ever happened to Michael Judge? Did he just pack it in or does he still play?

• Advertisement

Cheers Zack and great to see Joe still in there fighting to get back up the ladder. Hope Morris can make it back too, but the longer you dont make the breakthrough, I'm sure the tougher it gets, regardless of whether age is on your side or not

babymanval wrote: »
    Anyone know what ever happened to Michael Judge? Did he just pack it in or does he still play?

Michael Judge was another who fell off the tour last season. Mick took a six month complete break from the game and last month decided to play again. He entered the RIBSA ranking event in Donegal, won it only dropping a few frames throughout the whole tournament. It's a long way back but it seems he's got the hunger back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mattweeden

Lots of new faces on the rankings good to see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Nothing, he's played in a lot of qualifiers and PTC's but IIRC he hasn't got past the first round in anything this season.

Fairly sure all his defeats in qualifiers have been 5-0 so im fairly sure they have all been walkovers and he hasn't played any qualifiers. He played the 6 red world championships and done well. Was looking forward to seeing him on the main tour.

Looking through the list was expecting to see a few more unfamiliar chinese names there. There are quite a few admittedly but not so many in the top 50/40/30, still only Ding and Fu among the top 30. Not suggesting this is good or bad, but remember when Ding came along and people said chinese players would be flooding through over the next few years. Hasn't happened as quickly as people predicted anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

TV match at half 2 is ken

Advertisement