Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lowa Renegade hiking boots

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

I see a review of those boots or similar here. Mixed views there.

I'd spend an extra €25 and get a pair of Meindl boots. See Meindl Burma.

There are some who swear by Zamberlan as well. Those boots certainly get great reviews, but I don't have first hand experience of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Forget Meindl if you have a Narrow foot, they really don't cater for them too well.

Recently got a pair of Anatom Q2 boots and they're great for the price, loads of support and plenty waterproof. 120E from Jackson Sports, though Great Outdoors do stock them.

Scarpa make nice fabric boots if leather isn't your thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

I have Lowa Renegades, good for Irish spring/Summer Autumn but too light for winter. I also have Meindl Makalus good for Irish winter and high altitude stuff. Heavy and stiff.

I've had to return 2 pairs of Renegades because the stitching fell apart, replaced by 53degrees no questions asked. Third pair have been fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Thanks for the feedback. I decided to pick a pair of these up and am happy with the purchase. Longer term I'll plan to have a stiffer boot to accompany them.

Advertisement