Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 16 Match Reports

Options
  • 10-12-2012 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

Cowboys lose badly to the Saints

Tony Romo back to his old ways, throwing 3 picks, 2 returned for touchdowns.

Good chatting Eamonn, sorry had to get out early as you were running down the clock, wife was just in the door and needed a hand.
    Best of luck in the playoffs(?)

Playing for stats and pride in week 17 vs Santry now

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans with the late KO last week and now the early KO, will they fare any better?

Titans @ Packers and the Titans need a win!
    Titans win the first toss of the season! (and of 13) and kick
    Titans D forces a punt..
    C2J runs.... he doesnt fumble :D

Titans are just at redzone,i press the wrong fcuking button with Cookie wide open and its picked off.
    Packers make good progress but throw a pick to DT Casey.
    Titans are moving it well and C2J breaks off a 30 yards run for a TD

Benson is making in roads on the ground game

Pack are outsidethe redzone,Titans drop a pick, Titans get a sack 3rd and 14
    Buchanon gets a pick

Titans struggle then, Screen pass gets a good game

Titans kick a FG but over compensate for the wind and it goes wide!

Pack have a 3 and out 50 seconds left in the half Titans move it but throw a pick at the 26 yard line,31 seconds left

Titans HC doesnt pay attention,madden puts into FG formation the ball is snapped... TD!

Titans go to aggressive a pass gets picked TD Packers, Titans have 1 second.. throw a pass.. picked..

7-14 HT Titans to recieve

Johnson catches.. runs backwards.. 3rd and 20.
    Britt is 2 yards short of a new set of downs.
    Witherspoon gets a pick
    Good pass by Locker is complemented by a roughing the passer call

Titans struggle in the red zone and kick 3
    Packers punt

Locker then makesa great QB run :cool:

Titans throw a pick in the end zone

Griffoin blitzes and misses Rodgers and then RB Benson gets a rushing TD

Another pick throw by Locker..

FG Packers

Titans on 4th and 4 and washington drops a wide open pass.
    Packers burn the Titans TOs and that is game!

Some Stats:

Titans with 338 yards of offense, 103 rushing
    Packers with 325 yards and 131 rushing

Locker with a QB rating of 37, 16 from 31, 235 yards, 0 TDs and 6 ints
    Rodgers with a rating of 71, 12 from 23, 200 yards, 2 TDs and 3 ints

Benson gets 21 carries, 131 yards and a TD
    C2J gets 18 carries,81 yards and a TD

Tramon williams gets to picks for the cheese heads.

Not sure whats happened to locker he's throw so many picks in the 2nd half of the season.
    Time for the Hass i think!

Good chatting Nelbert and again sorry for the frequent use of the word cnut!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Good chatting Nelbert and again sorry for the frequent use of the word cnut!

Don't worry about it. I'm a huge fan of that particular word....

That missed field goal and the craziness just before half time really turned the game. Still feel a bit ****ty about your field goal formation. I saw a load of your guys on the line and assumed you picked a goal line formation so snapped it quickly.
    It was just after when I realised if Madden was dumb enough to suggest I kick a field goal with the clock stopped and 20 seconds on it that it was probably dumb enough to suggest you defend the same stupid suggestion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Browns raced into a 10-0 lead and were up 17-3 at one stage

PerrinV2 with a mighty comeback to win it

Hero of the game
    Josh Portis CB Broncos with 3 picks

Donkey of the game
    Greg Little getting wide open twice and having brutal drops :mad: I don't know why I pass to to him, he's always doing this
    Honorable mention to Julius Thomas TE Broncos who dropped a certain TD with nobody around him

Peyton Manning and Willis McGahee were nailed many times by the Browns 3-4 who had a mighty day with 4 sacks and 13 tackles for loss and a pick 6

Can't realy ask much more of the Browns D then that

The better team won, well done Denver

Both teams still have losing records but both coaches play for pride and give 100%

Nice chatting with ya

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Perrin and the Broncos having a good 2nd half of the season!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Browns 17 Broncos 20
    As with the games that I managed to win this season the luck just seemed to fall to me on the day on the key plays,but the it certainly didn't start like that.
    The 1st half was owned by the browns,on offence Trent Richardson was tearing it up on the run and Wallace was having time to pick off some nice pass's.On defense they were dominating too,McGahee seemed to getting knocked back for negative yardage bar the odd long run and Manning was having to get the ball out quick are there seemed to constant pressure.
    Browns started the game with a field goal to go 3 up,on the very first Bronco drive Manning threw a pick which the CB then returned for something like a 70 yard TD.
    Game slowed down a bit after that(in more ways than one),possession swapped back and forth until the Browns had a good drive up the field and added a 32 yard touchdown pass care of Massaquoi.The Broncos could only get a FG in return.
    HT 17-3 Browns
    The 1st of drive of the 2nd half started with more of the same from the broncos.McGahee fumbled on a run but Tamme managed to recover it for the Broncos.About 2 pass's later Manning was nailed on a PA pass leaving a 3rd and 17 for the Bronco's to continue the drive.Manning managed to hit Decker for a 1st and goal which McGahee eventually managed to run in.
    From kickoff the browns ran the ball back but were hit by a wall of bronco's which jarred the ball loose which the Bronco's recovered.
    Bronco's only added a FG from it. 17-13 Browns.
    Nice drive Browns put together a couple of nice plays and were on the Bronco's 40 yard line when Wallace(who had been playing well) threw a short pick to Tracy Porter who returned for a TD. 17-20 Broncos.
    Broncos hold the Browns to a 3rd and 9 on their drive.Wallace spies Little free on the wings,throws a good pass but Little drops it under no pressure.
    Bronco's next drive after McGahee had been hit for negative yardage again decide to go short to Tamme,who had been covered pretty well all game and here was no different but Manning throws the pass anyway!!.Picked off but tackled almost immediately.
    Next play Browns decide to go long to Little but Porter is back there and picks it off,ball back to Broncos which at this stage were thinking about the clock.At least twice maybe 3 times the Browns held the Broncos to 3rd and 10 attempths and I think on 2 of them Manning kinda just threw the ball up to Demartius Thomas(who had just returned from 5 game layoff) to go after and somehow he came down went them which put them in FG range.23 - 17 Broncos.
    This left about 40 seconds for the Browns to get the touchdown,Broncos' were lucky on the first pass as Little broke open but he wasn't spotted on attempted pass to the other reciever was swatted away.The last 2 plays ended with a sack for miller and another intercept for Porter and the browns QB was forced to wait for players to break open.

GG Mike,as I said the luck went with me on key plays,some which I didn't mention above as there were other plays where either your reciever dropped in space or I shud have been picked.Maybe the key play was when I recovered my fumble as at that stage you were 17-3 up and ball back to you I think would have asked alot of me.
    (sorry about the connection on my part on the end of 2nd quarter,it seemed to right itself after)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Raoul

Cowboys lose badly to the Saints

Tony Romo back to his old ways, throwing 3 picks, 2 returned for touchdowns.

Good chatting Eamonn, sorry had to get out early as you were running down the clock, wife was just in the door and needed a hand.
    Best of luck in the playoffs(?)

Playing for stats and pride in week 17 vs Santry now

34-20, I think. It was an enjoyable game. Your two picks that were returned for six really decided the game.

I think that's a wildcard position sealed for me. Up next is a game against Matthew which might be a dull affair if we are both already in the playoffs and intent on keeping our players fresh.

Also does anyone understand how the hot and cold streaks work? Bree's had a qb rating of 149 and finished the game on a cold streak :confused:

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Perrin and the Broncos having a good 2nd half of the season!
    Ah luck more than anything,although having a look at some stats.
    5th on interceptions,9th defensive against the run,26th against the pass though..****!
    Have a bad habit of going for big interceptions which if I miss(which I do alot) leaves me open for big yardage hence the bad pass rank :pac: Fruit for thought
    *also awful stats on offense

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Bengals 21 - Steelers 35

Exciting game in Steeler country - Bengals choked with 3 turnovers in the Red Zone (including a TD pass intercepted)! Simply heartbreaking

On the plus side Gresham proved his worth & has beat out Gronk for most yards in a single season - definitely my MVP for the year.

Most of scoring came in the second quarter with 28 of Steelers 35 points coming then

Was great playing/chatting ET and hope play-off goes as planned for you.

Some Stats:
    Passing
    Ben Roethlisberger 15/22 for 296yds 3TD & 1 INT
    Andy Dalton 24/33 for 442Yds 3TD & 3 INT

Receiving Stars
    Steelers
    Mike Wallace 160Yds & 1 TD

Bengals
    Jermaine Gresham 224yds & 1 TD
    Marvin Jones 158Yds & 1 TD

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

NekoChan wrote: »
    Bengals 21 - Steelers 35

Exciting game in Steeler country - Bengals choked with 3 turnovers in the Red Zone (including a TD pass intercepted)! Simply heartbreaking

On the plus side Gresham proved his worth & has beat out Gronk for most yards in a single season - definitely my MVP for the year.

Most of scoring came in the second quarter with 28 of Steelers 35 points coming then

Was great playing/chatting ET and hope play-off goes as planned for you.

Some Stats:
    Passing
    Ben Roethlisberger 15/22 for 296yds 3TD & 1 INT
    Andy Dalton 24/33 for 442Yds 3TD & 3 INT

Receiving Stars
    Steelers
    Mike Wallace 160Yds & 1 TD

Bengals
    Jermaine Gresham 224yds & 1 TD
    Marvin Jones 158Yds & 1 TD

I was just about to post this now, pesky work getting in the way. Its been said before but Gresham is a beast. no matter what I tried I couldn't stop him. I gave up a few plays taking control of Ryan Clark to try and cover him myself (not good).

It was a cracking game to play, there were only 2 punts all game and a lot of big plays. Neutrals would have loved it!!

This division will be tighter next year. The Bengals were a lot better than the last time we played and The Browns will have an off season for the GM to mold the team. It will be up to the Steelers and Ravens to stay ahead of the curve.

Steelers could seal the division with a Ravens lose to the Giants (no pressure)

Timmons, Harrison and Woodley have Seneca Wallace faces on their tackle bags this week in practice and the pain is being brought!!! In case Wallace chickens out, Charlie Batch has been playing the role of Weeden, just in case!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

NekoChan wrote: »

r1fl9y.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Seahawks go down to the 49ers 10-24.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Redskins 23-3 Eagles

A mixture of RGIII and stern Redskins defense and special teams meant the Redskins have sealed their number 1 seed in the NFC.

Constant returns to the half way line by Banks and punts inside the 10 yard line meant the Eagles really struggled to get moving as they had such a long field to drive.

Thanks a lot for the game Ian, catch you next season :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Falcons get destroyed by the Lions. 7-3 Lions and we had a desync so recreated the scores and tried again. Then the Lions went 30 odd points up and we had another desync so I just went on autopilot as Adrian had the game won. Just one of those days for me, started before the game in practice mode and I ended up getting frustrated before our game even started.

Well played Adrian, surely you could have got at least 50 on me :P Well done though, good luck

Unlucky Luke. Think that's me in the playoffs now. You need paddy to lose to have any chance of getting into the playoffs now.

Unlucky Luke. Think that's me in the playoffs now. You need paddy to lose to have any chance of getting into the playoffs now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Colts 21 - 28 Chiefs

Still can't quite believe the Chiefs won this. Three quarters and it was all Colts. A pair of TD's from Coby Fleener and another from Roy Williams put the Colts up 21-0. Luck's passing was stunning, Chiefs could stop nothing as Fleener in particular was having a stormer.

On the other side of the ball Chiefs could do nothing. Couple of times they got deep into Indy territory and threw picks. Matt Cassel threw 4 picks through the first 3 quarters. The game looked over.

And then it all changed. Chiefs offence got going, in particular Jamal Charles. A TD an the end of Q3 gave hope. Colts offence beagn to struggle and Luck began to throw intereceptions. Two stops of the Colts and TD drives for the Chiefs tied the game. Luck threw yet another interception and when Charles got his 4th TD of the day incredibly the Chiefs led for the first time as we entered the final minutes. One more stop and the Chiefs were able to kneel for the win.

Really hard luck Big Daddy Cool. I robbed that one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Lukebray wrote: »
    Falcons get destroyed by the Lions. 7-3 Lions and we had a desync so recreated the scores and tried again. Then the Lions went 30 odd points up and we had another desync so I just went on autopilot as Adrian had the game won. Just one of those days for me, started before the game in practice mode and I ended up getting frustrated before our game even started.

Well played Adrian, surely you could have got at least 50 on me :P Well done though, good luck

Yeah, just one of those games where every pass seemed destined to be picked.

You should take yourself off auto pilot before the week advances so the CPU doesn't start making contract offers etc.
    Raoul wrote: »

I've won the last 2 , but unfortunately this little run of form has come a little too late other than prevent others from making the playoffs and to play myself out of a decent draft pick.

I've got the bears in week 17 so it might work out after all. If I win I'll finish 8-8 which wouldn't be too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

adrian522 wrote: »

Yeah, just one of those games where every pass seemed destined to be picked.

You should take yourself off auto pilot before the week advances so the CPU doesn't start making contract offers etc.

I've won the last 2 , but unfortunately this little run of form has come a little too late other than prevent others from making the playoffs and to play myself out of a decent draft pick.

I've got the bears in week 17 so it might work out after all. If I win I'll finish 8-8 which wouldn't be too bad.

Did you beat the Bears in your first match this season?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Can't remember, was that when we played? I thought he beat me when I was away on holidays though I could be wrong.

EDIT: I beat the Rams in week 1 I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

SantryRed wrote: »
    Did you beat the Bears in your first match this season?

I won that game Adrian was away I played the cpu

• Advertisement

So given you have a better divisional record I'm already eliminated!! I'll still hope to stop you from making the playoffs though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Berty44 wrote: »
    Colts 21 - 28 Chiefs

Still can't quite believe the Chiefs won this. Three quarters and it was all Colts. A pair of TD's from Coby Fleener and another from Roy Williams put the Colts up 21-0. Luck's passing was stunning, Chiefs could stop nothing as Fleener in particular was having a stormer.

On the other side of the ball Chiefs could do nothing. Couple of times they got deep into Indy territory and threw picks. Matt Cassel threw 4 picks through the first 3 quarters. The game looked over.

And then it all changed. Chiefs offence got going, in particular Jamal Charles. A TD an the end of Q3 gave hope. Colts offence beagn to struggle and Luck began to throw intereceptions. Two stops of the Colts and TD drives for the Chiefs tied the game. Luck threw yet another interception and when Charles got his 4th TD of the day incredibly the Chiefs led for the first time as we entered the final minutes. One more stop and the Chiefs were able to kneel for the win.

Really hard luck Big Daddy Cool. I robbed that one.

Cheers Berty, Missing that field goal killed me, you went straight up the field and got a TD, The interceptions i threw were ridiculous, as soon as the ball was thrown i was :eek: cos i knew they were getting picked off. enjoyed the game though, this half season ive had was all about learning and i cant wait for next season to start.

You seem like you'll be a dangerous oppenent for any1 next season,every report I've read so far you've run teams close if you haven't won.
    Also "hey Big Daddy there's regular Daddy"
    tumblr_m88me8gLkC1qhvoqxo1_500.jpg

Oh Lord, thankfully i'll be changing name for 2nd season and cant wait to be rid of this one :).

Oh Lord, thankfully i'll be changing name for 2nd season and cant wait to be rid of this one :).

How do you go about changing your name?

Raoul wrote: »
    How do you go about changing your name?

Just had a look there and dont think i can :eek: :eek: :eek:.

only way i can is to open a new account it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Just had a look there and dont think i can :eek: :eek: :eek:.

only way i can is to open a new account it seems

There's some premium account you can buy I think that lets you change it. But otherwise it has to be a new account.

Ah your name is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

But if you change your name we'll all be like.....'Who's the Daddy?' :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Ugly, miserable game in Carolina. Panthers won 28-0 with 2 Cam Newton TDs (the best being an 82 yard Greg Olsen grab) and 2 pick sixes. Newton: 13-17, 242 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs. Palmer: 5-27, 54 yards, no TDs and 7 picks. Chris Gamble had 3 picks, Martin 2, Hogan 1 and Godfrey had a pick 6.

Also, this makes me the NFC South champion. NFC is super strong this year. Road to superbowl looking like a very tough one, but if the Vikings could do me a favour in week 17 and I can beat Raoul a first round bye would be of major assistance.

Advertisement