Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French government 'banning' vegetarianism in schools

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Awww no link. I would have actually been interested to read that...

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Awww no link. I would have actually been interested to read that...

Done now.

Sorry raminahobbin I added the link but I seem to have a problem adding links in Chrome. When I went to edit the message I could see the link and the html tags but for some reason it didn't show up. I have now added it in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

Thanks for the article.

It's frustrating that the role of non-meat based proteins is being ignored, misinformed and overlooked yet again. I find this to be one of the most consistently annoying things in trying to get food in other countries - there is little concept of the idea of having a nutritionally balanced vegetarian meal, or even the possibility of such a thing existing.

What happens is either the places load up on carbs, pasta/rice etc., or just offer salad or something equally non-inspiring. Even some veg. places abroad do this. Often the best alternative is to try to find Indian - they've figured all this out a long ago with lentil dhals, chickpeas, paneer etc.

In the meantime it's back to the peanut butter and hummus lol...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Forcing people to eat something is a bit over the top.

In fairness the rule just states it has to have a certain amount of protein, so Whether that comes from meat or not is up to the schools no? They could easily have a non-meat dish along side a meat dish with both having the same protein values.

Advertisement