Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Crivit GPS watch with hrm

• 10-12-2012 10:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭

Anyone buy these when lidl sold them in 2010/11? I heard they were a re-badge of a decent German brand and similar to garmin 305? I need a watch but on a tight budget and I've been offered this for 60e still boxed and all. Any advice? Thanks

Comments

spend a bit extra and get a basic garmin.
    you won't have all the upload functionality available most likely with the Lidl one which is key imo as you can store all your data over time and get analysis and representations on your laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

glasso wrote: »
    spend a bit extra and get a basic garmin.
    you won't have all the upload functionality available most likely with the Lidl one which is key imo as you can store all your data over time and get analysis and representations on your laptop.
    Thanks glasso. It says it comes with cd and USB etc? Am I missing something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

My guess is the cd just contains a basic pdf instruction guide.
    The usb cable is probably for charging, and likely not for uploading.

As suggested, there's a new Garmin out that would be more expensive than the LIDL one, but a great little (reliable & supported) watch for the price.
    Quite a few people got the new Garmin FR10, would be worth getting feedback on how people are getting on with it.

Garmin has several Garmin and third-party supported online and offline software programs for all its gps watches. Specific device support is needed so it may be difficult to do this with the crivit product. It might output some sort of data but it even if it does there won't be specific support for it like the Garmin will have so it would most likely be a pain (if possible at all) to be able to load the data into the software (either online or offline).

Advertisement