Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What chocolate can you not get in Melbourne?

Options
  • 10-12-2012 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

I'm posting my friend out a xmas present and I was thinking of putting a Cadbury's selection box in.

Are there any particular chocolates you can't get in Melbourne? I don't want to be sending it out if she can get them there. Will the chocolate melt if I do post it out?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Moved from Snacks & Sweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 piedpiper

Not sure of what you can't get here, but all the chocolate out here is different from home (not as nice). So I'd say anything you send out would go down a treat.

Not too into my chocolate but I did enjoy a few macaroon bars that were sent out awhile back.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

are the chocolate brands are more or less the same but they don't taste the same as I think they have to put ingredients to stop them melting.

They don't seem to have frys chocolate cream or any Irish chocolate, but if you go to some the British expat shops you'll get most of these, but you'll pay a big addon price

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

Most UK chocolate can be bought here at British lolly shops
    at a much inflated price e.g. $2.50-3 for a small cadbury
    fudge bar. I've only seen Cadbury snack bars in March around
    St Pats. Sometimes Woolworths will have a special on
    something like wispas or cadburys twisted but generally
    don't stock them.
    posting chocolate here in summer can be bit of a risk,
    I've gotten some that had melted and reset and had that
    grey white tinge to it.
    i don't ask for it anymore now

• Registered Users Posts: 17 batmang

Im from melbourne living here in Dublin...the only ones I know we dont have are yorkie bars and minstrels...

Good luck! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

batmang wrote: »
    Im from melbourne living here in Dublin...the only ones I know we dont have are yorkie bars and minstrels...

Not sure about Yorkies but you can get Minstrels in the Crown.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

batmang wrote: »

Coles and Bi-Lo sell both Minstrel's and Yorkies

Advertisement