Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Forgotten pleasures of Biking

• 10-12-2012 11:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

Been settling back in to riding a bike after what must be a decade.

Things id forgotten.

1. Extreme nervousness about anyone coming from a side street or turning at a junction across my path.
    2. Truck drivers will bully you out of a lane if they want to merge.
    4. Good seat padding is a must.
    5. Crosswinds are entertaining.

But so far Its epic. Though iv yet to cross 10k RPM as I want to strip the carbs and inspect the head and get a new chain and sprocket on there plus general bits to make me feel happier about a strange bike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Welcome back to the world of bikes. What bike are you on?

I had that extreme nervousness going past a side road for a while after someone just drove straight out in front of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah, welcome back. What did you ride before and as OP said what are you on now? After a while I am sure you will be back to the way you were before you stopped riding. Id say you notice a big difference in bikes now compared to 10yrs ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

I moved up to a banger rough CBR 600 from a 125 a long time ago.

Big step up in power and two weeks in im still adjusting so taking it very cautiously, currently its all city driving at low speed limits.

Funnily enough the first day I took it out it rained which is rare here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Just noticed the location, was thinking it's a weird time to get a motorbike. The temptation is always there to open her up, but smart move to get used to it first before you try it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Get yourself a decent set of tyres on her, single biggest factor in rider confidence IMO, especially in greasy / wet conditions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement