Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to track how much traffic from a QR code on brochure

Options
  • 11-12-2012 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

I would like to track how much traffic I get from a brochure, my business card, my flyers.

All will have a QR code.

All should bring the user to my homepage.

But I would like to track each source separately.

How do I do this please?

Can I send each to a different page on my site, and have some kind of auto-redirect (I use weebly)?

Or can I embed some unique tag in each code, to be picked up in Google Analytics?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭eamonn4321

Would it be appropriate to use a 301 redirect?

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

eamonn4321 wrote: »
    I would like to track how much traffic I get from a brochure, my business card, my flyers.

All will have a QR code.

All should bring the user to my homepage.

But I would like to track each source separately.

How do I do this please?

Can I send each to a different page on my site, and have some kind of auto-redirect (I use weebly)?

Or can I embed some unique tag in each code, to be picked up in Google Analytics?

Simply all you need to do is generate the URL to your short code. http://www.somesite.com/?ref=qr or whatever is appropriate.

The second part in relation to a unique redirect requires some custom code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

As the OP said - you have to tag the particular referrer - its fairly straightforward and can be expanded as necessary.

brochure, my business card, my flyers:

ed:
    [sorry the urls posted before editing were stripped back and were not fully visible - so I stuck them in the attached txt file to show you examples.

The 'medium' allows you then to specify which brochure or which flyer.

C

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭eamonn4321

That's great, I think I get it.

Can you tell me where do I then look in Google Analytics to pick up that particular URL please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Traffic Sources>
    Sources>
    Campaigns>

They will be listed there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

I've explained my method for this here : http://www.blackdog.ie/blog/qr-codes-practice/ for tracking with GA

Advertisement