Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I come too?

Options
  • 11-12-2012 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

*simpsons reference

But seriously my question is what's a good way to meet people in Cork? As in just some buddies like! Here over a year now and I have great mates from work, but lately they've all been busy or they're working crap shifts and I'm dying to go out. I've actually considered just heading to the pub alone.

God this is a sad post. Has anyone any similiar experiences? Being new to the city etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

*simpsons reference

But seriously my question is what's a good way to meet people in Cork? As in just some buddies like! Here over a year now and I have great mates from work, but lately they've all been busy or they're working crap shifts and I'm dying to go out. I've actually considered just heading to the pub alone.

God this is a sad post. Has anyone any similiar experiences? Being new to the city etc?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056802824

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 SteffingHell

I saw that alright, but I'm not a regular poster so it would be a bit awkward maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I saw that alright, but I'm not a regular poster so it would be a bit awkward maybe?

Not in the slightest, if I am not mistaken this will be MrFrisps 3rd meetup and only the second meetup for pixie_dj.

You should come, it will be fun ... and I'm hungry for new meat.

I'm from Wicklow too by the way! I might if I'm not an awkward blob...!

kingtut wrote: »
    Not in the slightest, if I am not mistaken this will be MrFrisps 3rd meetup and only the second meetup for pixie_dj.

You should come, it will be fun ... and I'm hungry for new meat.

Your not mistaken... ;)

• Advertisement

I'm from Wicklow too by the way! I might if I'm not an awkward blob...!

Ahh,,don't worry about it..There are worse problems in the world..:D

And,,besides Myself,and a few other selected chosen few on boards here,,Nobody else is perfect. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Hey OP, I've never been to a boards meetup before either [looks at post count:o] but I'll go if you go...

but I'll go if you go...

Anything to do with your name I wonder? :rolleyes:
    :D

There are only 5 spaces left, if people want them please let me know by Wednesday evening at the latest as I plan on calling the restaurant to tell them the exact numbers we will have (it's Christmas time so I don't think they would be happy if there were 5 bumless seats)

So.. anyone want to go? Let me know by Wednesday evening 9pm please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Me & Mr ABC would love to go, but we're broke unemployed people! :D

Have a drink for us y'all!

• Advertisement

cantdecide I think I'm too scared to be honest! argh!

Don't be, it's only a Christmas party ;)
    where the newbies go through an initiation ceremony and get beaten with sticks

scary-monster-vector-894371.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Jaysus I'm supposed to be the indecisive one.

Are there other noobs going? We could have a pre-dinner Dutch courage drinkie. Save us having to walk in alone???

cantdecide wrote: »

Are there other noobs going? We could have a pre-dinner Dutch courage drinkie. Save us having to walk in alone???

No complete newbs, but pixie_dj is going and for her it will only be her second event.

The two of you could meet for drinks beforehand and then arrive together, it could be the start of an amazing relationship :D

No complete newbs, but pixie_dj is going and for her it will only be her second event.

The two of you could meet for drinks beforehand and then arrive together, it could be the start of an amazing relationship :D

But...Wouldn't meeting each other be still a newbie meet? :p

They may as well just come along..Everybody that's in the group was new at one stage..And they'll always be New unless they come along.

@ SteffingHell...Come along,,ffs...It's only food and some drinks..Nothing major..
    Not an orgy or anything....That don't happen until the 5th meet..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Dercola

@ Steffinghell & Cantdecide.

Have to say guys, I wouldn't be too worried about meeting this group of peeps. Genuinely sound people! My post count is also pretty small, and I hardly ever post in the Cork City section, but I've been to the last two meetups and had a blast each time! I'd be going to this one too but for alternative arrangements.
    Seriously don't sweat it, just go enjoy yourself ;)

Dercola wrote: »
    @ Steffinghell & Cantdecide.

Have to say guys, I wouldn't be too worried about meeting this group of peeps. Genuinely sound people! My post count is also pretty small, and I hardly ever post in the Cork City section, but I've been to the last two meetups and had a blast each time! I'd be going to this one too but for alternative arrangements.
    Seriously don't sweat it, just go enjoy yourself ;)

Thanks for the glowing review :)

*your cheque is in the post, I think we agreed on €50 ye? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Tbh speaking as one of the original cork city boardsie meetup people :-D, I feel kinda new everytime there is a meetup cos there's new faces all the time! I have made a few good friends but will always include others in our outing and chit chat.

Bring on the feast!

Tbh speaking as one of the original cork city boardsie meetup people :-D, I feel kinda new everytime there is a meetup cos there's new faces all the time! I have made a few good friends but will always include others in our outing and chit chat.

Bring on the feast!

I remember your first meetup :)

cantdecide wrote: »

THIS. PM me yer facebook or something??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Dercola

Thanks for the glowing review :)

*your cheque is in the post, I think we agreed on €50 ye? :D

Cheque? Haha, love it! Why not just pay me with beaver pelt? :p

Cash is king my friend ;)

Cheque? Haha, love it! Why not just pay me with beaver pelt? :p

Probably for tax reasons..:eek:

:D

Johnny-Cash-9240610-1-402.jpg

:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

Johnny-Cash-9240610-1-402.jpg

:confused::confused::confused:

Dont do it! They are a cult! Im trapped in the compound with only 2 mins online before i get caught. They dont call him KINGtut for nothing, he is the ring leader.
    gotta go...

Ring leader My ear...:D

Ohh,Hail KingTut....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

MrFrisp wrote: »
    Ring leader My ear...:D

Ohh,Hail KingTut....:p

says your man "Overlooking Cork City!"
    watch out there tut!

stevexo wrote: »
    says your man "Overlooking Cork City!"
    watch out there tut!

Yeah...Overlooking Cork City...

Somebody has to do it you know...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

i remember my first meet I was bricking it! Was bowling and I was going to go home. Drove in just in case they were weirdos. :p Ended up dropping car home and going out drinking.Never looked back. Have made some good friends. Luvs ye guys! :D (well some of ye. ;))
    But seriously if any of you are nervous there is no need whatsoever. Id talk to the wall. And Ill also keep an eye out for those doe eyed people and ask "are you a boardsie"? Most times they are so relieved, ha!

Cadyboo wrote: »
    i remember my first meet I was bricking it! Was bowling and I was going to go home. Drove in just in case they were weirdos. :p Ended up dropping car home and going out drinking.Never looked back. Have made some good friends. Luvs ye guys! :D (well some of ye. ;))
    But seriously if any of you are nervous there is no need whatsoever. Id talk to the wall. And Ill also keep an eye out for those doe eyed people and ask "are you a boardsie"? Most times they are so relieved, ha!

Ahh yes... "are you a boardsie"

We remember that one.

Thanks CadyBoo...We'd still be outside the place only for you.. ;)

• Advertisement

aww I'm raging I can't go now!! :(

next time I guess...!

Advertisement