Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maintenance arrears

Options
  • 11-12-2012 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

My ex is supposed to pay 20euro per week maintenance it's not alot considering he has absolutely no other input to our child's life hasn't seen him in months.

1,500 euro is now owed in arrears (75 weeks) I have been back to court there is a bench warrant out for him since last July I have been back to the court they said it is up to the Garda that their hands are tied until the Garda arrest him and bring him before the courts.

I have contacted the Garda to see whats happening with it and to update them on his new address as at the time of the warrant being issued nobody knew his address. They told me it was not my concern and they would deal with it in due course:confused:

So what is the court system doing in this country this will be the 3rd time a warrant has been issued over maintenance he has appeared in court a few times and always come up with a story the judge slaps him on the wrist he pays maintenance for a little while then stops again and it all starts again bench warrants etc

So can anyone tell me what to do at this stage I am very torn between giving up because it is just too much hassle with no hope of ever getting maintenance but then there is another part of me that feels I should chase it on principal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm very sorry but legal advice cannot be given on boards.ie. Please contact your local Free Legal Advice Centre for advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement