Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Centre Niteclub Wednesdays?

Options
  • 11-12-2012 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm visiting the city in the next couple weeks and need some advice on decent niteclubs in the city centre on a Wednesday night? We used to go to Alchemy which wasnt bad but last time we were there it was closed cos not paying to open during the Autumn/Winter? So any advice appreciated? Also interested in views on a couple decent bars to hang out in and listen bit music for few hours late afternoon in and around grafton st area.

thanks

Sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Thing with mid-week nights is they're generally aimed at students, and with exams about to start in some colleges and with some colleges going on Christmas break on Friday places may be dead on a Wednesday.

Haven't been in a while, but Diceys is generally decent Monday - Wednesday, €3 drinks afaik and a fiver in.

When you say bar for the late afternoon, what type of music are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Thing with mid-week nights is they're generally aimed at students, and with exams about to start in some colleges and with some colleges going on Christmas break on Friday places may be dead on a Wednesday.

Haven't been in a while, but Diceys is generally decent Monday - Wednesday, €3 drinks afaik and a fiver in.

When you say bar for the late afternoon, what type of music are you looking for?

Rira and lost society are also busy on wednesdays. Wyldes could be worth a look. And the new club on Harcourt st, everleigh garden. Best thing to do is have a look at www.entertainment.ie or www.sweebe.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2 shay6739

Hiye,

thanks for the replies...that gives me some food for thought! Might have to do a bit of a crawl round them all and provide some updates! Rira looks ths bis for a few drinks early evening first thought....is the Lost Society really not open till 11? Think I will give Wylde a miss this time round! Also correct me if Im wrong but the Everleigh Garden looks the shout late nite?

thanks again for the comments I will honestly update you

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

shay6739 wrote: »
    Hiye,

thanks for the replies...that gives me some food for thought! Might have to do a bit of a crawl round them all and provide some updates! Rira looks ths bis for a few drinks early evening first thought....is the Lost Society really not open till 11? Think I will give Wylde a miss this time round! Also correct me if Im wrong but the Everleigh Garden looks the shout late nite?

thanks again for the comments I will honestly update you

Everleigh Garden has just opened up, going by the pictures its aimed at an older group, 24+.

Advertisement