Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking local knowledge

• 11-12-2012 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm planning some TREC events for next year across Donegal. TREC (Tourism Related Equestrian Competition) is a three phase sport based around the orienteering on horseback. I could really do with some help finding suitable places for some orienteering events. The wish list for locations are a starting point or home venue with suitable parking, access to bathroom facilities and access to quiet roads, trails, forestry, farm land etc.

The numbers are generally low 8 - 12 riders, competing in pairs or as individuals and riding a set route pre agreed with land owners if crossing any private lands. Route lengths vary depending on the level of competition from 12KM at level 1 up to 45KM at level 4. When designing routes we try to find locations with low volumes of traffic and nice interesting and scenic places to ride.

Nationally the sport is growing quite quickly and there is a great buzz among competitors further south about visiting Donegal for a weekend of competing. The better the events we can host the more people will travel to take part, which is turn is a small boost for local economies.

If you can think of any suitable areas your help would mean a lot to me,

Thank you

Comments

Advertisement