Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bendo caught rotten!

• 11-12-2012 2:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I'd Say he's in the Sh1t once Dana see's this!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Words fail me :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

If that's real that's a life time ban as far as I'm concerned-that could have blinded that eye easily, destroyed beyond repair.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

Really hope thats shopped, Not Bendo's biggest fan but if this is the **** that is starting to happen to mma then things are going to take a huge dive bomb.

I know its been discussed on the other thread about his corner man telling him to put it back in his mouth between rounds and surely there should be some penalty for having a foreign object on his person in the cage anyway?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

If, and it must be stressed, if that did actually happen then that should absolutely be a lifetime ban.

That pic is complete and utter bollox, no way in hell would any top fighter would stoop so low

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭pauldoo

has to be fake, how come no MMA websites have picked (:p) up on it

If it is real, he has to get a ban

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BidillyBo

Has to be shopped what damage would a tooth pick do except for gouging someones eye out think i would be a bit obvious then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭p to the e

It's shopped. I can tell by the pixels. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Him having the tooth pic in his mouth was beyond weird anyway, if that went down his throat could have been dangerous and he was not even admitting it was there, like he was caught out, i was waiting on him to say it was for luck or something to avoid any illegal claims

I'm no expert on photoshop but the pic does look real, i hope this is sorted 1 way or other.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Yeah I thought it was a nice touch how he shouted "All things I do I do through Christ", then lied blatantly when asked a straight forward question...

It is just weird, can you imagine the damage that toothpick could do?

I remember almost inhaling chewing gum playing basketball when I was a young fella... never again, I guess I was never that smooth though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Looks fake to me, if you adjust the curves in photoshop and brighten the image you will see that there is no shadow under the pick (it doesn't follow the shadow line of his hand) plus the pixels look a bit ropey as they are look chunkier than the rest of the image.

I've been using photoshop since 1998 on a daily basis :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Has to be fake.
    Even if it was real, it would want to be the best toothpick known to mankind if it doesn't even break when he threw a punch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Even ignoring the 'is it fake or not?' question - he'd be doing well do get the toothpick in/out of his mouth to his glove without someone noticing. Plus, it wouldn't be easy to do that move when in the middle of a fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I don't think the photo is real. But I do think its more than incredibly weird that he fights with a toothpick in his mouth.

Edit - Even Razor Ramon took his out for Monday night RAW - Battle Royal.

razor.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

definitely fake that's for sure. I can actually tell by the pixels.
    But it is intriguing that he even had the pick in his mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hank Schrader

FFS

The amount of loons on here who would even consider that to be real :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Apart from the fact that its obviously didn't happen, and the fact that it looks fake (the weird colour change, its not near his thumb), nobody noticed that the OP attached that image himself. Its not a link from another site, it came from his computer..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

darced wrote: »
    I think at the very least somebody should post it to Sherdog and watch it explode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

FFS

darced wrote: »

My thoughts exactly. Couldn't quite believe that the first response took it seriously, then half the thread did! Calling for bans etc. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 God_Of_War

yes i did post it from my computer, and that's because i found the pic posted on someones facebook wall, tried to find a link to the original website , i even typed in everything to do with Benson Henderson, UFC and toothpick and nothing came up! so i just coped and pasted. trust me i wouldnt have the knowledge to make that picture, i do hope its fake, cause say it was real, hendo be screwed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

He would want to be David Blaine to pull that off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

God_Of_War wrote: »
    yes i did post it from my computer, and that's because i found the pic posted on someones facebook wall, tried to find a link to the original website , i even typed in everything to do with Benson Henderson, UFC and toothpick and nothing came up! so i just coped and pasted. trust me i wouldnt have the knowledge to make that picture, i do hope its fake, cause say it was real, hendo be screwed!

You clearly didn't try hard. I just searched "Bendo toothpick punch" and the first result is a thread from Sherdog (Link). Naturally, it went full retard very quickly.

It's clearly faked. It's not between the thumb and finger, the toothpick changes color halfway. It's laughable that people thought this could be real.

Fighting with a toothpick in your mouth is just a stupid thing to do in the first place. Imagine he was knocked out and swallow it while unconscious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭Morph the Cat

FFS

Exactly - can't believe anyone replied seriously to this. Must be their first day on the internet.
    RoboRat wrote: »
    Looks fake to me, if you adjust the curves in photoshop and brighten the image you will see that there is no shadow under the pick (it doesn't follow the shadow line of his hand) plus the pixels look a bit ropey as they are look chunkier than the rest of the image.

I've been using photoshop since 1998 on a daily basis :-)
    WOW! Thanks for your detailed explanation, despite it being so glaringly obvious to begin with. A retarded rabbit could have spotted it was fake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭p to the e

Exactly - can't believe anyone replied seriously to this. Must be their first day on the internet.

WOW! Thanks for your detailed explanation, despite it being so glaringly obvious to begin with. A retarded rabbit could have spotted it was fake.

Meow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Shazbot wrote: »

You clearly didn't try hard. I just searched "Bendo toothpick punch" and the first result is a thread from Sherdog (Link). Naturally, it went full retard very quickly.

Just checked out that thread.
    They really are cabbages on Sherdog.

WOW.. Who kicked sand up your arse? If it was as glaringly obvious as you say then why were so many MMA fans, some of which are fighters commenting on whether it was real or not? I merely adjusted the pic to confirm IMO if the picture was real or not.

As a fighter, I would be 90% sure without picture proof that its a fake due to (a) the danger of having it in your mouth, (b) getting it from your mouth without being caight (c) using it it and not getting caught (d) that only a certain kind of sadistic fighter would even try it as you could permanently blind your opponent (e) the toothpick could easily break... the list goes on.

scudzilla wrote: »
    Words fail me :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    DrPhilG wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly. Couldn't quite believe that the first response took it seriously, then half the thread did! Calling for bans etc. :D:D:D

Should have made it clearer, my response of 'Words fail me' was at people believing this picture

• Advertisement

It's not so much the fact that it's a bad Photoshop - it's not that bad - it's the very notion that he slit Diaz in the eye with a toothpick during the fight that's retarded, thereby making it fake by logical deduction. Common sense should immediately tell you it has to be fake.

I agree to an extent but there have been plenty of things that have happened in MMA and sports in general that I wouldn't have believed, but turned out to be true. Everything is not logical and straight forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

We called that the stinger. They, uh... they don't let you use that no more.

Advertisement