Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Setting lotion?

• 11-12-2012 3:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Anyone know where I can get a bottle of good setting lotion? I got a new do a while ago and the barber used setting lotion and pomade and I think the setting lotion is my missing link to the look I want to give myself at home! Anywhere I've gone into wont sell it to me because I don't have a salon card?? I'd rather not go online because this time of year things get held up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

I buy mine from here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Cheers! I actually popped into Shaws today and spotted some so it's all good. :)

Ok, so I know no-one asked for an update, but I have since discovered that setting lotion is clearly some kind of voodoo. It's AMAZING.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

What does it do?

Ok, so I know no-one asked for an update, but I have since discovered that setting lotion is clearly some kind of voodoo. It's AMAZING.

Does it not do the same trick as a firm control mousse?

• Advertisement

It basically 'sets' a style, allowing for more control.

I'm sure it does do the same thing as a mousse for a lot of people, however mousse in my hair weighs it down, and I hate the crunchiness that I seem to always get. I just want a nice strong base over which I put my pomade to keep everything in check.

I also am going for a bit of a vintage, pompadour kind of look and mousse doesn't really fit in! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭kizzyf

Which one did you use or do others use? I've only seen wella and wonder would it be worth using before putting in heated rollers

kizzyf wrote: »
    Which one did you use or do others use? I've only seen wella and wonder would it be worth using before putting in heated rollers

I got a couple to try out, I've just used the Wella one today and so far it's great. I think it's a middling kind of hold, so I also got an extra firm which I haven't tried yet.

I'm afraid I haven't a notion about rollers or curlers! But I've been doing a bit of research and it seems like it really helps with that sort of thing, it's what it was invented for as far as I know!

Advertisement