Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd year working holiday visa application

Options
  • 11-12-2012 4:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hello,

I completed my 88 days of regional work and applied for my 2nd year working holiday visa the second last week in October. In the first week of November, I received an email requesting evidence of my regional work so I sent in the Employers form and Bank Statements. The email said the SLA was 30days. I'm waiting well over the 30 days and have rang twice only to be told, I just have to wait.

Im technically in my second year as my first year visa expired in November so Im on a bridging visa but am finding it hard to get work with this kind of visa.

I really want to go home for Christmas and theres a ticket for me to fly home next week but I've been advised not to make any travel arrangements until I hear back from Immigration. I know of one or two other people (through hostels) that were asked for proof of farmwork but they heard back after two weeks of supplying the proof.

I am quite upset and frustrated at how long it is taking. My question: Was anyone else waiting this long?? Is there anything I can do to speed up my application??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

when you rang up did you tell them that you are leaving next week?

I'm not sure you can leave on a bridging visa - again maybe ask them this.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Starburst85

The flight booked for next week is for a friend who has decided to stay here for Christmas but will give me the ticket for cheaper than if I was to book a ticket now!

I'll call them again this week and mention the flight, just think its strange Im left waiting this long :(

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

Ring, Ring and keep Ringing.

It is most likely sitting under a pile of files on someones desk.

Assuming they are satisfied with your evidence you should hear back from them within 30 days of them receiving it i.e. logged on their system. I believe this is the case because a friend of mine was illegal about 2.5 years ago and he used this to drag out his Visa decision for around 5 months because of the delayed correspondance (dodgy 2nd year visa - didn't complete the full time etc etc).

Last year I was waiting on my 457 to be transferred across and it is a nightmare this time of year and things typically take around double the time .. the closer we get to Christmas the worse it gets. Just keep ringing mate, be as nice as you can, escalate it, go into their offices .. you need to be proactive if you want this sorted out before you go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Im technically in my second year as my first year visa expired in November so Im on a bridging visa but am finding it hard to get work with this kind of visa.
    A bridging visa doesn't affect your right to work. You've the same rights as your previously held visa.
    I really want to go home for Christmas and theres a ticket for me to fly home next week but I've been advised not to make any travel arrangements until I hear back from Immigration.
    By default, you have a bridging visa A. You can't leave the country on that one
    You need a bridging visa B. Ring up and explain the situation, they'll either grant a B or grant the 2nd WHV

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Starburst85

Good news :D I was about to call them this morning when I thought I would check my online status and it said I got my approval for 2nd year...the date was today :D Sooo happy :)

Thanks for your help pps :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement