Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn Advice (again..)

Options
  • 11-12-2012 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

Hi there, I have a lawn grass grade 2 ,I laid in July/August - it seems to be thriving in some patches with serious growth and failing to thrive in others - see pics below. Pics were taken in sept.
    Would a feed at this time of year help it?

20120831134731.jpg

20120831134759.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

Also I have a lot of wood pellet boiler ash, would this help the grass i wonder if spread?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Also I have a lot of wood pellet boiler ash, would this help the grass i wonder if spread?

I am not sure that putting anything on it at this time of the year will help. However once we get into spring you can use a feed to help it along. A little pot ash would do no harm as it contains minerals that all plants need.

how much top soil is there, it could be that there is only a thin layer of soil and that is stunting the grass growth. When adding any fertilizer in spring it would be best to avoid the strong growing areas and keep the the poorer parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

thanks - yeah, there may be the bare minimum of top soil in some areas - thanks for the advice :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭f140

do you have a dog thats ****ting on it?

Advertisement