Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Credit Card Late fee

Options
  • 11-12-2012 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

I am outraged to see a late fee on my last statement, 35 years a BOI customer, I was one day late, the min payment due was 0.16 cent, the late fee charge was €7.50 (= 47 times what the min fee is)...

It's my 1st time ever to be late...I think this is outragous and unfair.

I complained and they said they will review it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

JosDel wrote: »
    I am outraged to see a late fee on my last statement, 35 years a BOI customer, I was one day late, the min payment due was 0.16 cent, the late fee charge was €7.50 (= 47 times what the min fee is)...

It's my 1st time ever to be late...I think this is outragous and unfair.

I complained and they said they will review it.

Better here? :http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1522

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If you're late, then what do you expect? A computer system cannot care how long you've been a customer - they're computers. There isn't some person squirrelled away at BOI HQ deciding "today im going to pick on..JosDel!" :)

Go Speak to someone at BOI...indeed, please hold while we try to connect you..

/thread move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi JosDel,

As BuffyBot mentioned, the application of a late payment fee to an account is a purely automated process. If the minimum payment is not met by the payment due date, the charge is automatically applied. All customers would be subject to the same terms and conditions regardless of the amount of time that they may have been a customer.

You mentioned in your post that you have already contacted us in relation to the charge. This should always be the first step if you believe that you have been charged a late payment fee in error.

If there's anything we can do for you here, please let us know.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Thanks Pat for the reply.

But do you not think it's a bit harsh to apply the fee for min payment as low as 0.16cent, Surely a parameter could be set up on the computer system to apply this fee only if the min payment is over, we say €2 or 3 maybe 4, but 16 cent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi JosDel,

We will pass on your suggestion to our Credit Card Team.

Thanks,
    Tara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Thanks Tara..

Advertisement