Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morning commute to Slane village

Options
  • 11-12-2012 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Is anyone aware what public transport is available for commuters coming from Dublin to Slane in the mornings?
    Allegedly Collins/McConnons/Mcginleys, etc... all bypass Slane these days when leaving Dublin heading North.
    Bus Eireann only offer connections which is a bit awkward. Any other ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Marbles2

Collins drives through Slane - I presume they stop in the village. Im not sure of times atc, but they do have a website

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Slane Resident

http://www.collinscoaches.ie/images/Timetable011012.pdf

Stops at the school and the crossroads.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Thanks, but Collins first bus in the morning leaves Dublin @ 9am and bypasses Slane using the M1 through to Ardee.
    The first bus of the day that goes through Slane village Northbound, is not till midday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Lilian

Hi ,
    Planning to move in Slane and commute to Dublin for work ,
    Is the collins timetable reliable ? or does it take longer that it says on it ?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Lilian wrote: »
    Hi ,

Thanks

Here you go :)

I don't know if the 177 still goes through Slane on weekdays....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 JudgeRoyBean

Lilian wrote: »
    Hi ,

Thanks

I know a number of people who use it in the morning and all say its reliable and pretty much as the timetable.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Lilian

Thanks for the reply ,
    I tried it on Monday and the bus was even earlier than the timetable , so looks really reliable !

Advertisement