Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unauthorized policy set up

Options
  • 11-12-2012 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭

I had a policy with ye which expired in the middle of November. I sold the car that I was insured with as I no longer had any need for it. I received two or three letters from ye with a new quote but i took no notice of them as I wasn't going to be renewing my policy. Yet without any authorization from me,i got sent out an insurance disk,which i didn't realise until a week later as i was away in college. Money was taken from my account by ye for this. I wasn't expecting this to be taken out,obviously enough, and my account was then overdrawn. I have been charged by my bank for being overdrawn and I have two more bills due this week which both won't be able to be paid because ye took money from my account meaning I will be charged again by my bank. I cancelled the policy which i did not want over three weeks ago and i still haven't been refunded my money despite numerous calls to ye.

I find this completely unacceptable that ye set up a new policy without the policy holders permission. Along with my refund I will be looking for any bank charges that I get between now and when I finally receive my refund to be paid by liberty insurance aswel as the bank charge I have already got

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Liberty Insurance: Aine

Hi Local_Chap

Can you PM me your details? We'll need to look at your policy to check your refund. Thanks

Aine

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Avien

Do you pay your policy by Direct Debit?

Sounds like an automatic renewal. My renewal documents stated that "if you pay by Direct Debit, you don't need to take any action and your policy will automatically renew on XX-XX-XX." This is quite common in personal lines insurance and you should always carefully read any documents you get from your insurer

Advertisement