Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tickets on sale Friday 14th December

Options
  • 11-12-2012 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

This Friday tickets for:

Slash
    Gaslight Anthem
    Michael Buble
    Christy Moore
    ZZ Top
    Elton John

If you're looking for tickets to any of them be prepared for a stressful morning on ticketmaster site.

I never understood why promoters put so many tickets on sale around the same time, never mind on the same day. In an ideal world I would happily buy tickets for nearly all of them. All goin on sale at the same time so close to Xmas I'd be lucky to get tickets for any of them. Such a shame really, A lot of these are going to sell out right away.

Just a bit annoyed to be honest, I would have thought these days promoters would want to work together and not be competing against each other.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

It'd help if there was a major ticket distribution site in competition with ticketmaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Mushy wrote: »
    It'd help if there was a major ticket distribution site in competition with ticketmaster.

Are all the Aiken gigs also available through tickets.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Are all the Aiken gigs also available through tickets.ie?

Tickets.ie seem to be just the smaller venues such as The Button Factory, Whelans, Sugar Club etc. I don't think any Aiken/MCD gigs are on sale from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Think Michael Buble's gigs go on sale at 8am, but the rest are 9am as far as I know.

Defeats the purpose of logic really, more people would get up to buy the tickets if they had others on sale at separate times (i.e. Elton at 10am, Christy Moore at 11am etc).

Yeah Buble is at 8, all the rest are 9. That would be a much better idea having them at different times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

I'm interested in a buble ticket and hopefully I'll get something but what in holy name of all that's holy is the reasoning behind announcing a concert the week before xmas and giving a few days notice for it.

I'm skint and fcuked for the xmas as it is for the xmas. Over breakfast and before heading out the door to the bank for an overdraft for xmas shopping, my sister races in and tells me about Michael Buble's concert and I was thrilled but it's more expense and I'm highly stressed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Zardoz

karaokeman wrote: »
    Think Michael Buble's gigs go on sale at 8am, but the rest are 9am as far as I know.

Defeats the purpose of logic really, more people would get up to buy the tickets if they had others on sale at separate times (i.e. Elton at 10am, Christy Moore at 11am etc).
    The only reason to put tickets for multiple acts on sale at the same time is to facilitate people who buy in shops ,otherwise they would have to keep coming back at different times .
    However as the vast majority of tickets nowadays are sold online and via phone the sales strategy needs to change.
    As you suggested tickets for different gigs should go on sale on different days or at staggered times .

Bruce Springsteen's recent ticket sales should have been staggered ,one venue at 9,one at 10.30 and one at 12,instead of the nonsense of all at 9am.

I also dont know why promoters start selling tickets at 8 or 9am,its too early for most people,they should choose a later more convenient time when people arent commuting ,at work,or in bed.
    what in holy name of all that's holy is the reasoning behind announcing a concert the week before xmas and giving a few days notice for it.
    Money is the reason.
    People will buy tickets as gifts for friends and relations in the spur of the moment.
    Every artist seems to have a cd or a dvd or a concert out for Christmas ,its an utter joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

CiaranK wrote: »
    This Friday tickets for:

Slash
    Gaslight Anthem
    Michael Buble
    Christy Moore
    ZZ Top
    Elton John

If you're looking for tickets to any of them be prepared for a stressful morning on ticketmaster site.

I never understood why promoters put so many tickets on sale around the same time, never mind on the same day. In an ideal world I would happily buy tickets for nearly all of them. All goin on sale at the same time so close to Xmas I'd be lucky to get tickets for any of them. Such a shame really, A lot of these are going to sell out right away.

Just a bit annoyed to be honest, I would have thought these days promoters would want to work together and not be competing against each other.

I found out about the Gaslight Anthem gig cause of this post so thanks OP:D

Wish it wasn't 9am. Hate the whole process, very cruel on the real fans

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DylanJames

CiaranK wrote: »
    Tickets.ie seem to be just the smaller venues such as The Button Factory, Whelans, Sugar Club etc. I don't think any Aiken/MCD gigs are on sale from them.

They get most of Aiken's small-medium gigs & the odd Vicar St one as far as I know.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

ZZ Top doing a Dublin date at all??

• Advertisement

Grid. wrote: »
    ZZ Top doing a Dublin date at all??

I hope so, I haven't heard anything yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Honest to god, it's a load of sh1t that it's announced the week before xmas.

Have just been to the bank and I won't know until next week if I'm going to be approved an overdraft. I was orginally going to spend this week's wage on xmas shopping but instead am buying a Buble ticket.

Hopefully I get this overdraft I'm banking on.

I don't know anyone who loves me that much to spend at least 80 quid on a concert ticket. I'd say many more are in my shoes. Ridiculous tactic announcing it the week before xmas to try and increase sales.

Advertisement