Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Brewing Kit

Options
  • 11-12-2012 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I wanted to look into buying a home brewing kit for a friend. Have no idea of where to look I live in Dublin so anywhere around there would be fine. I don't want to buy online as I would rather see and ask questions about it before i buy. Any suggestions of where to try?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,514 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Probably better off asking on the Home Brewing sub-forum, however:

Most of the retailers are online only, unfortunately. Tesco (Clare Hall) have a home brew section, but I very much doubt that you could ask anyone any questions. The Homebrew company have a shop, however, they are in Mountmellick, Co Laois. HomebrewWest also have a shop, but are located in Galway. There are also a couple of off-licenses in Dublin selling home brew products, but I don't know if they have any expertise in the products they sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 botanistjunky

thanks a lot for your help, i'm new to this and was in a rush on lunch so wasn't sure of where to post :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭LaughOrDie

I got two kits off homebrewwest and find them brilliant. It's online though unless you fancy a run down to Galway.

I recommend the coopers kit. The actual fermenter seems better quality than the white buckets you can get. Just more solid.

For 109.95 they have absolutely everything you need. And they deliver super fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭madhatter76

http://www.homebrewwest.ie/coopers-diy-beer-kit-new-with-vwp-sterilizer-red-brewbelt-965-p.asp

This Kit has all that is needed including a heating belt to keep it especially over the winter time in a certain temperature.

With this Kit he can go away from 0 to 100.

You can get in the Dublin Tesco Extras home-brew stuff but its a bit more pricey and the staff has no clue anyway. The Homebrewwest you can call up and they will advise you.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1353 is a comprehensive group to read into if you have a few sleepless nights ;-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement