Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make the dropdowns appear on click

Options
  • 11-12-2012 2:10pm
    Administrators Posts: 53,732 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

The "hover" feature on the dropdowns in the top right (my user one and the My Forums one) is not at all useful on touch devices.

Could it be changed so that these menus appear on click, instead of on hover? Would give a more consistent experience across devices.

The same applies to the forum list at the top.

The only way I can navigate different forums at the moment is by using the search box every time I want to go somewhere.

awec.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

They work on click on iPad. I'm assuming the way we handle this isn't supported by IE10 in touch mode. Leave it with us while I rustle up a touch screen Windows 8 machine.

• Administrators Posts: 53,732 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

You sir, are a legend! :)

Here is an article that gives details of touch in ie10: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ie/jj553857(v=vs.85).aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Proper detection should now be happening on IE10

Danny

• Administrators Posts: 53,732 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Hi Danny,

It's detecting it better now, but when I click on the menu it appears for a second and then disappears. I need to hold my finger on it to make it appear continuously and then I can't click on any links.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Hey,

Click events are attached if we detect you're on a touch-capable device. The problem was that touch detection was failing yesterday for IE10 so these click events weren't attached. This should be resolved now, but there's clearly something else amiss so we'll have to source an IE10 touch device for full testing. I'll see about getting one as soon as possible

Danny

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement