Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spare battery for S3

• 11-12-2012 2:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've been looking on amazon at spare battery for my S3. The choice is daunting.

I'm planning a trip in the new year, and I need the phone to work for more than the 30 odd hours I'm getting between charges at the moment.

My options are to get a spare battery, to get a spare battery with charging stand, or to get a power pack that I can plug the phone into for a boost. The last option would have to be small enough to carry in my pocket.

I'd like to hear opinions on my options from people that have done what I'm trying to do. Any recommendations for brands/shops to buy from? Budget is €25 max including postage.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

I bought a battery for my S3 a few months ago, cost me 2.99 with free delivery, works the exact same as the regular battery.
    On the phone now so will try find it later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I doubt it has NFC in at that price though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Just get yourself a smartcharge.ie. Better than a cheap spurious battery. On full charge, should charge the SGS3 three to five times.

Bisto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

RangeR wrote: »
    Just get yourself a smartcharge.ie. Better than a cheap spurious battery. On full charge, should charge the SGS3 three to five times.

Bisto.

Had a look at the website. It looks fine, but it's outside my price limit and it doesn't look like it would fit too well in a pocket.

• Advertisement

Chet T16 wrote: »

Probably not, but I've not yet had a chance to use NFC, so I doubt I'll miss it.

Patsy fyre wrote: »

Thanks. Looks like its rated slightly higher than the standard one 2300mAh compared to 2100mAh), so do you notice that it performs any differently to the standard one?

Any difference in charging time?

With 4.1.2 firmware, I find the battery lasts a bit longer than it used to, and it definitely charges faster than on 4.0.4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Had a look at the website. It looks fine, but it's outside my price limit and it doesn't look like it would fit too well in a pocket.

Fair enough. Only noticed your price point after I posted. I tend to not read ahead :)

However, it's about the size of an iPhone. Very pocket friendly.

Thanks. Looks like its rated slightly higher than the standard one 2300mAh compared to 2100mAh), so do you notice that it performs any differently to the standard one?

Any difference in charging time?

With 4.1.2 firmware, I find the battery lasts a bit longer than it used to, and it definitely charges faster than on 4.0.4
    Don't use it that often and have not performed any tests but when I have used it i haven't noticed any difference in performance.
    Had it in for a week at one stage thinking it was the original.
    Can't go wrong for the couple of euro!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Try a Polar cell battery. A little more expensive but still within your budget at €12.90 on ebay

I used one in an S1 and was very impressed. This one for the S3 is 2400mah but no NFC

• Advertisement
Advertisement