Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost to get dog's nails clipped ?

• 11-12-2012 2:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

I've 2 westies and i've booked them in to Animal Hospital in Tallaght to get there nails clipped.. I never thought of asking what the cost was over the phone.. and don't want to ring them back lol .

Anyone any idea ? I heard it was about €8 per dog .. does that sound right ?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭xxXCuteypieXxx

i get my pomeranians nail clipped for €5 it really shouldn't cost any more than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

i get my pomeranians nail clipped for €5 it really shouldn't cost any more than that.

I got price ranging €5-18 so might be best to ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Yeh used to be €5.00 now it's €10.00 for a toy breed where we go. I think a fiver is enough to be charging people unless the dog is difficult to handle and needs more time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

TillyGirl wrote: »
    I got price ranging €5-18 so might be best to ask.

could actually someone look at you in the eyes and quote you € 18 ???????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

18 for a nail clip? omg thats crazy :(Watch the vet doing it then buy a nail clippers and do it yourself:)Ive been doing my dogs for years and my family and friends dogs aswell :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Poutbutton

Yep €8 is what I pay for a Jack Russell but once I paid €12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

I could consider € 5 to be well paid for a job that takes 1 minute

The alternative is to do it yourself, it's not that difficult and if you don't feel confident about doing it then bear in mind that it's better to cut "not enough of the nail" rather than too much, you just have to do it more often. I just cut a tiny bit every few weeks and it's grand . . . (they go to the groomer very 2 months anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I know so ridiculous. I was speechless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Think I've missed a trick! :eek:

Trained as a groomer and clip our dog's claws as well as friends. Also pluck his ears. I wonder if I should start charging? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

I do it myself bought a dog clippers for around €5 ....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Think I've missed a trick! :eek:

Trained as a groomer and clip our dog's claws as well as friends. Also pluck his ears. I wonder if I should start charging? ;)

Lol, but you're not taking into consideration that OP's dogs are Westies... €18 probably includes danger money :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Where (in Dublin or North East) can you get your dog's nails cut AND filed, too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

DBB wrote: »
    Lol, but you're not taking into consideration that OP's dogs are Westies... €18 probably includes danger money :D

Reminds me of the In laws Westie. He loves to see me arrive. We have a special kind of love hate relationship.

Advertisement