Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to take out a court injunction against SKY TV for nuisance calls?

Options
  • 11-12-2012 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

Two years ago I signed up for a years contract with SKY Satellite television. After the year expired I decided not to bother with it and go freesat instead using my own top box.

Its now over a year since I terminated my account and I persistently get nuisance calls from a foreign outsourcing center requesting If I would still be interested in signing up again. I have repeatedly told them NO and hung up the phone telling them never to bother me again..

My elderly father often picks up the phone and gets confused thinking that its another bill being requested. At this stage I am totally sick of them.

Is there any way that I could take out a court injunction against them?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Might be faster to call them and ask them to put your details on their do not call list, ask them to confirm this to you via letter or e-mail. See how that goes first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

This would be a very very very expensive option and not really appropriate anyway. As Cabaal says, contact them directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Cabaal wrote: »
    Might be faster to call them and ask them to put your details on their do not call list, ask them to confirm this to you via letter or e-mail. See how that goes first

Or to remove your details entirely. And if they fail, get the Data Protection Commissioner on the case. MUCH cheaper [free other than time] than what OP suggests.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Two years ago I signed up for a years contract with SKY Satellite television. After the year expired I decided not to bother with it and go freesat instead using my own top box.

Its now over a year since I terminated my account and I persistently get nuisance calls from a foreign outsourcing center requesting If I would still be interested in signing up again. I have repeatedly told them NO and hung up the phone telling them never to bother me again..

My elderly father often picks up the phone and gets confused thinking that its another bill being requested. At this stage I am totally sick of them.

(099) 9103? Got one at 14:16. I tell them i'll come back if they get Mark Deering to call me. Or elseI talk ****e until they hang up, its a laugh and its doesnt annoy me as much now!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,997 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

RangeR wrote: »
    Or to remove your details entirely. And if they fail, get the Data Protection Commissioner on the case. MUCH cheaper [free other than time] than what OP suggests.

If they remove the details completely you may get caught in a cold calling marketing campaign. Better to go on the Do Not Call list, and even better if it had some form of penalty if they do call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Del2005 wrote: »
    If they remove the details completely you may get caught in a cold calling marketing campaign. Better to go on the Do Not Call list, and even better if it had some form of penalty if they do call.

In that case, the penalty comes from ComReg if a company [repeatedly] calls people from the NATIONAL DO NOT CALL list.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Ask them to have your account marked as do not call.
    Then also ask your telecom provider to ensure your ex-directory or have your account listed not to recieve marketing calls.

failing that when they call ask to speak directly to a supervisor, ask the supervisor for their name, the employee's name and their managers name. Then advise them you will be filing an harrassmnt complaint with the gardai and a direct complaint with comreg and the data protection commissioner for continuing unsolicited marketing calls even though several requests have been made to stop.

That should get you what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

I miss nuisance calls. I don't seem to get them any more after always putting them on hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

These eejits won't stop ringing every day for the past 4 days. I only answered once. Are they thick or something?
    I left them in November 2011 after getting their service free for at least 12 months because I kept leaving them but they kept giving me 50e credit on my account if I joined back, so they weren't making any money from me so I don't know why they're so desperate to get me back.
    They'd ring once every couple months after I left but now this week they're ringing every day. Their plan to get customers back is just going to backfire.

Advertisement