Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Student) Can't decide - InterRailing, SEA or Volunteering?

• 11-12-2012 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I've decided that I want to travel this June/July, and seeing as most of the people I know will be on a J1 or unable to afford anything big I'll be going by myself.

I can't quite decide though what I should do, and there's a lot of details to cover in each option so I'm trying hard now to pick one. The way I see it is that travelling around Europe isn't really going to get more difficult the older I get, I'll always be able to find some time to hop on a plane for a short break. I was pretty excited about exploring South East Asia, but thought that seeing as I'll be by myself that maybe my time could be better spent volunteering around Asia? Which then has gotten me thinking I wouldn't really mind volunteering anywhere!

I'm 20 and will have finished my 2nd year in Computer & Electronic Engineering this summer, and although I'm not officially qualified I've been giving Maths and English grinds for a good while now.

I thought Camara sounded pretty perfect, but it seems that they don't send short term teams to Africa anymore. I was looking at Suas as well, but their application date's over.

So yeah, I'm still open minded about which of the 3 I'd like to do unfortunately! Any advice on InterRailing, travelling SEA or Volunteering, and if Volunteering, have any good programmes to recommend?

Comments

Do south east Asia and volunteer for a month in n orphanage in cambodia. For free.
    If you want to donate money, give it to the orphanage, not some Irish organization paying for salaries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Head to India and volunteer there Mumbai Delhi or Calcutta, you won't regret it

Advertisement