Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC box question

• 11-12-2012 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

apologies if this has been covered but i cant find a definite answer

I have UPC at the minute and i have a recording box downstairs and a normal one upstairs, a mate of mine has a spare recording box he said i could have, if i swap my normal box for the recording box and put in my card will it work???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

No, each card has a serial number that is associated with a particular box, so if you insert your card into that box you'll just get a message telling you you've inserted the wrong card.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 reno911

is there a way to solve this if i call upc would they be able to make the card work?

You could try, but you may run into a problem as regards your possession of the box - it actually belongs to UPC, not to your mate. They charge more to have a second recordable box than a second non-recordable one.

cheers, thanks for the reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

As said above, unlike Sky, UPC hold ownership of all their boxes so it's technically their box, I seriously doubt they will pair the card to that box as they will be scared you are using it in another location/etc

• Advertisement

What you could do is forget about your mates box & get on to accounts & ask to be put through to customer loyalty. If you're out of contract & prepared to sign up for a further 12 months they might be prepared to give you multiroom with a recordable box either for no charge at all or for a straight swapout, or to apply a loyalty discount which would offset the extra charge. While your at it just ask them for the lowest subscription possible, as you are considering other options - you may end up paying less than you are at present.

cheers Cushie Butterfield, ill do that. good advice.

Advertisement