Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nearby accomodation(Hostels/B&Bs)

• 11-12-2012 3:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭

Heya all

I'm involved in a sports team that will competing in an intervarsities in UL and I was wondering if any locals could recommend a good hostel or a B&B near ULs arena

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

There are no hostels in limerick, there are quite a number of b&bs in the area. The travelodge and jury's inn regular do deals for UL events so i'd say contact the club who's hosting you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Travelodge is your best bet as it's cheap and very near to the campus. The on-campus villages might have rooms available to temporarily stay in, best to ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

near ULs arena

As already mentioned, the travel lodge is probably the best bet money wise.
    Just since the arena is down the other end of campus you should also check the Kilmurry lodge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Or if you've an infinite budget and want a luxurious stay over the Christmas period with mulled wine on arrival and mince pies on your pillow,
    Might give the Carlton Hotel a buzz,
    Close but ungodly expensive :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

the salesian "hostel" is for UL students only afaik, its run by priests isnt it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Heya all

I'm involved in a sports team that will competing in an intervarsities in UL and I was wondering if any locals could recommend a good hostel or a B&B near ULs arena

If its for varsities and on in UL you should get a deal off the travel lodge if you get onto whoever is organising the event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

Note that the Carlton Castletroy Park is now only the Castletroy Park - no Carlton branding anymore. This is since the sale in September.

Travelodge is the nearest cheap hotel, but do ping your hosting club, they should have done the due diligence and preorganised accomodation for the visiting clubs. (I'm involved in the organisation of another intervarsities later next semester, so it's one of hte important things to note.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Thanks for all the help

The intervarsities are early next semester but my college is only back two weeks when we have to go so we are trying to get some organisation now.

The hosting club have not talked to us at all regarding accomodation and have not responded to any of my queries which is why I posted here.

Thanks again for the help people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

normally we end up having people crash with the students who're in the club you're playing in. thats half the fun of intervarsities!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    normally we end up having people crash with the students who're in the club you're playing in. thats half the fun of intervarsities!
    That's a great idea, saves a whole lot of money and much more entertaining!

• Advertisement
Advertisement