Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Craughwell Exchange / Co.Galway

Options
  • 11-12-2012 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hello,

what is the maximum connection speed of the Craughwell exchange. We are looking at moving there with around 1km of the exchange.
    The Eircom order page will not let me select the 8Mb package.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

khards wrote: »
    Hello,

what is the maximum connection speed of the Craughwell exchange. We are looking at moving there with around 1km of the exchange.
    The Eircom order page will not let me select the 8Mb package.

Hi khards

I have checked the Craughwell exchange and the speeds are ranging between 6-7mb, this would depend on the distance your house is to the exchange. I'm afraid we can't give you the exact distance from your house to the exchange as the telephones are not laid in direct line of sight so the distance that the broadband signal may have to travel can be further than expected. As the Craughwell exchange is not NGB (Next Generation Broadband) enabled our website may not allow you to select an NGB broadband package ("up to" 8mb). Alternative, if you wish to order both phone line and broadband you can do so by calling our sales team on 1800 503 303.

Regards
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭khards

Hi Linda,

Thanks for the help.

We are looking around the Dunard area. I am not sure of the exact position of the exchange, is it located near the train station?

Cheers,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

khards wrote: »
    Hi Linda,

Thanks for the help.

We are looking around the Dunard area. I am not sure of the exact position of the exchange, is it located near the train station?

Cheers,

Hi khards

The distance between the house and exchange would differ from the distance along the roads. The cables very rarely follow a straight line path so the distances can vary greatly from one house to another. I wouldn't be able to give an exact speed until the landline is installed/activated as it would have to be tested directly.

Regards
    Linda

Advertisement