Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In Branch Cheque Lodgement Machines

Options
  • 11-12-2012 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭

In my opinion these cheque lodgement machines really should accept cheques. Tried to lodge two cheques this morning in Stillorgan. Both cheques were machine printed, but were not accepted by the machine.
    I then had to queue for 35 minutes at the counter only to be asked by the very kind teller why I didn't sue the machines to make the lodgements.
    I don't know how the investment in these machines contribute to making branches more cost efficient (apart from keeping people away from the branches). The quick lodge boxes at least worked and probably didn't cost tens of thousands of euros to install.
    The service in branch is now truly shocking. If there were a viable alternative to your service I would be out of there in a shot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi cambo gueno,

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Lodgement ATMs do accept domestic cheques. Would there have been a staple or paper clip still attached to the cheques? If so, this may be the reason why the machine would not accept them on this occasion.

If you would like us to look into this specific issue for you, please pm us your full name, contact phone number and the time you tried to use the machine. We will have the logs on the LATM investigated to check for errors.

Thanks,
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 7,369 ✭✭✭Tow

Were they larger size cheques? I have had problems with Revenue's cheques (i.e. cheques printed on the bottom of a letter/A4 page) and when the machines does accept them they are unreadable on the receip,t as the scan is shrunk down too much.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Tow,

There should have been no issue with the machine accepting Revenue cheques. You are correct, however, that the scan copy is not great which is due to the colour of the cheques.

Thanks for posting.

Thanks
    Linda

You are correct, however, that the scan copy is not great which is due to the colour of the cheques.

The problem is not the colour, but that the cheque is shrink down too much when it is printed, so the words just become blobs of pixels. An easy solution would be to change the software to flip the printed orientation of larger cheques.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi Tow,

We appreciate you taking the time to post your suggestion. We'll forward it to the Branch Network to look into.

Thanks,
    Graham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Yes, they were cheques from Revenue.

It seems to be that a Lodgment ATM that accepts cheques, should accept all cheques. Otherwise, what is the point ? Bring back the Quick Lodgment boxes. There are sometimes things that you can't improve on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi cambo gueno,

Thanks for letting us know. We will be passing your feedback in relation to the issues that you've raised to our Branch Network for consideration.

Thanks again
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Yes, they were cheques from Revenue.

I had the exact same problem with a revenue check last week, so then had to queue at the counter to lodge it (after being treated like a slow child by two staff members when I tried to explain that the machine simply would not accept it).

I'm just going to post in my checks with a lodgment slip from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi folks,

We've spoken to a number of branches who are not aware of any issues lodging social welfare cheques in the Lodgement ATM's.

Can I ask if anyone experiences this issue again, to speak to a member of staff and ask if it can be investigated?

If we have specific examples, we can hopefully resolve any issues without delay.

Thanks

Billy

We've spoken to a number of branches who are not aware of any issues lodging social welfare cheques in the Lodgement ATM's.

Revenue and Social Welfare are not the same :confused:

They are two independent organisations. Confusing them is the same as someone introducing you at a party as "This fine fellow is Billy, he works for AIB."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Tow,

My mistake, I was referring to Revenue cheques in my response - it was a typing error after a discussion we had here about social welfare cheques.

Thanks for letting me know.

Billy

Advertisement