Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying vegetarian food..where?

Options
  • 11-12-2012 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭

Maybe I can get heads up about this? Heading home for the xmas and want to stock up on some nice veggie food; last trip home I was only able to get to Dunnes and they only stocked Birdseye veg burgers (yuk) and Linda Mc Cartney sausages. Im happy to make a trip into town to health stores or to another supermarket (Tesco?) to stock up if anyone can point me in the right direction? Looking for stuff like Tivali/Cauldron... veggie schnitzels, nut burgers, etc).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,468 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Evergreen have a few shops in town. Healthwise in Abbeygate Street. Also a place near Aldi in the Westside do Veggie ready meals but I've not been there yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I've never shopped veggo myself - but in general if you want decent variety in almost anything, forget Dunnes and head to Tesco (now in Oranmore too, if that's any help).

Tesco (the one on Headford Road anyways) have seriously cut down on their stock of vegetarian food lately. They don't even have a dedicated veggie freezer anymore :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Tesco (the one on Headford Road anyways) have seriously cut down on their stock of vegetarian food lately. They don't even have a dedicated veggie freezer anymore :-(

Yeah I'd agree. Dunes in Edward Sq is pretty awful, but surprisingly Dunnes in Westside has improved a bit. They have things like gluten free pizza that I wouldn't have expected. Theres an evergreen beside it for packaged/frozen stuff tgat you cant find.The Asian / Indian shop in Westside park was mentioned- I find it is great for things like pulses, spices etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Cheers for that. I've only been vegetarian 10months but was really disappointed by the selection in Dunnes Briarhill. Might head out Westside then stop off in health stores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Cheers for that. I've only been vegetarian 10months but was really disappointed by the selection in Dunnes Briarhill. Might head out Westside then stop off in health stores.

Or get yourself an extra couple of portions of something from Govindas in the market and freeze them. Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Or the curry from the Bean Tree stall in the market.... awesome stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

Dunnes in knocknacarra still have a fair selection (i'd be lost with out that place) and evergreen at the corner of high street/mainguard street have a few things too if your looking for quorn and linda mcCartney stuff.
    ps, the veggie hotdogs in evergreen are amazing ;)

inisboffin wrote: »

Or get yourself an extra couple of portions of something from Govindas in the market and freeze them. Yum!

Or the Indian lad across from Govindas (Sundays only) should work as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Yay Govindas, love the stuff, never thought about freezing , good idea. Don't like Linda mc and Quorn really. Thanks everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Meemars

The Bean Tree people have a premises behind Westside Dunnes. Open Tues - Fri. They sell some frozen stuff from there afaik.
    Also try the Innocent Veg Pots, available from Tesco. Microwaveable and SOOooooo good!
    Also another brand available in Tesco, is Dee's, similar stuff to Innocent.

Advertisement