Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas In Kilkenny

Options
  • 11-12-2012 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

With Phil Hogan frequently at the top of the forum here, I thought it might be a good idea to look at something a bit more positive.

So what's everyone's favourite things about Kilkenny at Christmas?

And shur, as long as it's not Phil Hogan related, feel free to mention what you don't like. Just don't be a Scrooge about it.

I think we can all agree that we miss the Sherwoods train.

Here's a nice little Kilkenny set Christmas video.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Jesus a lot of that video is out of focus. I presume that's a creative video technique or whatever but it needs to be honed a bit, it's kinda hard to look at.

Anyway I love the old-skool colourdy lights in rose inn street, and i hope they don't change them, the remind me of back in the day.

I think it's funny people opting for white lights and LEDs because they think they are more 'tasteful' or whatever... Christmas is tack-a-rama, you might as well embrace it. Colours all the way imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Yeah, a lot of that videographer's stuff is done in that style. He did a similiar one about hurling that has the same effect.

Kieran Street is looking great at the moment. It's lovely to walk through it once it gets dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Threadhead wrote: »
    Yeah, a lot of that videographer's stuff is done in that style. He did a similiar one about hurling that has the same effect.

Kieran Street is looking great at the moment. It's lovely to walk through it once it gets dark.

Sounds just like John Street :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭odin_ie

Bah humbug...that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

No train in Sherwoods window...sob sob :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Bring back the Sherwoods Train :D Going to see the train was always a tradition in my family. I like the lights in Market Cross :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

If you can't wait until dark to walk down Keiron Street, try wearing sun glasses, same effect, I used to wear them driving, until i took them off and found i didn't need headlights on.
    Anyway what a nice thread, I adore christmas, i love to watch people, well family open presents, especially our eleven year old, one of his presents he will go wild over, but you won't believe that I had to go the other side of the world for it, can't say what because he reads the boards etc, wise lad takes after his mam and dad.
    One of the presents we have had to be registered, usual things address etc then post code, well as far as we were concerned no such thing, however you might be surprised to hear we all have a Loc8code, which is the equivalent of a post code, such is life.
    We are having quite a few for Christmas dinner, got some fantastic looking crackers from Supervalu, premium okay a bit over the top at 12 euro for 8 but the things inside look better than normal.
    We appear to hav e eaten the two boxes of chocolates and the tin of sweets so have to replace them.
    Just in case nothing else happens though will add to other posts, have a super christmas and peace on earth.
    Do remember those who are not so fortunate as ourselves and especially old people who are on their own, it can be a very lonely time, made worse by people calling out to you "Merry Christmas" and you have no one to share it with and not much food, but we won't let that happen will we.
    Merry christmas everyone, Foxy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

Loved it, well done, nice for people away to watch, perhaps a quick run round the town/city would be good as well

Advertisement