Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body and Soul 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Are the early bird and installment tickets sold out? Bugger it anyway if they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

still on sale at the link above. ticketmaster might have been having a fit earlier if they weren't showing up......

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CorkClaire82

still on sale at the link above. ticketmaster might have been having a fit earlier if they weren't showing up......

Thank you! I swear I wasn't going mad earlier, they definitely were showing unavailable :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

maybe a stupid question but what's the price after the early bird? weren't weekend tickets €100 last year at the regular price?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

maybe a stupid question but what's the price after the early bird? weren't weekend tickets €100 last year at the regular price?
    Yeah I noticed that too,I take it the full price ones must be going up to 120

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Robyn_14 wrote: »
    Yeah I noticed that too,I take it the full price ones must be going up to 120

Also, if you look at the listing on Ticketmaster, it states 3 day weekend camping tickets. Last years early bird tickets were 2 day camping with an option to add a Friday camping ticket at extra cost.

It appears B&S is moving to an official 3-day festival this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

This may sound a bit "bah humbug" but I must say I really liked the Friday night vibe last year with only the woods open and less people around.

So I say "boo" to a full 3 day fest.

... and while I'm moaning about a generally fab festival (that I bought my 2013 earlybird for straight away), what is with having headline acts like Spiritualised only play for one hour?

That really p!ssed me off last year - should be at least a 90 minute slot for the bigger name acts (especially when they have a 20 year back catalogue of gold, largely consisting of songs lasting 10 minutes or so...)

Looks like the Early Bird tickets are all gone.

Full price tickets on sale shortly at €139

Ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Balls to that... price hike to €140?!
    Just went online this morning (payday) to buy wifey's birthday present and they're not available anymore! :mad:

• Advertisement

would want to see the lineup before paying that tbh.
    although it's only a €15 increase on last year if you went down on the Friday, so it isn't too bad really.

would want to see the lineup before paying that tbh.
    although it's only a €15 increase on last year if you went down on the Friday, so it isn't too bad really.
    I couldn't make it last year... were the ticket prices €124 for the full wknd?
    I thought it was 99 regardless. That's a perfect price in these times. I was kinda hoping B&S didn't go down the Picnic road and start jacking up prices once popularity set in!! :(

it was 2-day for €99, and then there was a Friday camping add-on available for €25 if people wanted. as Evil Sausage pointed out earlier in the thread, it seems to be now a 3-day festival, so presumably there'll be a few established acts on the Friday. from what i can remember last year it was mostly smaller Irish acts/DJs on the Friday, and then the bigger names on Sat/Sun.

actually, seemingly not any big acts on the Friday, looks like the same as last year really...
    http://entertainment.ie/music/news/Body-and-Soul-promise-more-grown-up-experience-for-2013-festival/161571.htm
    2013's incarnation of one of our favourite summer festivals, Body & Soul, will see the Friday add-on ticket idea abandoned and instead a new three-day ticket will be in place, to what we've been told will be a more "grown-up" environment in the idyllic surrounds of Ballinlough Castle in Co. Meath.

The opening day of the festival will see the festival's guests treated to an exclusive programme of events in the woodlands surrounding the festival site and the Stone Walled Gardens. The main stage will open for business on the Saturday afternoon.

2013's festival will take place across the June Summer Solstice Weekend, just as the inaugural festival did in 2010, and the there will be a bevy of activities to take part in from the moment you arrive, such as yoga in the Zen Gardens, arts trails, artisan food stalls and much more. If you're pulling around a couple of kiddies in tow, there will be a dedicated Soul Kid's Garden to ease the burden.

Now, there isn't yet any information about who'll be on the bill this summer but we're expecting a line-up announcement sometime in mid-March. Tickets for the festival are on sale now, from usual outlets.

Weekend tickets are available for purchase in easy instalments. An initial payment of €69.50 is payable before and up to Tues 30th April and a second and final instalment of €69.50 + €6.35 service charge payable on Fri 7th June. If opting for the Combined Event & Bus ticket, the instalments are €84 each plus service charge.

If memory serves, the walled gardens were not open on the Friday last year.

Last year, all that was open on the Friday was the woodlands.

Sounds to me like potentially all that will be closed this year could be the Main Stage, depending on how you interpret things...

So it mean a lot more small areas open this year like the Casa Habana, Dance Tent (whatever that was called...) and numerous other little spots banging out tunes around the gardens...

I don't think they could sell 3 day tickets and then have as little on the Friday as they did last year.

Woodlands doesn't have the space for the full crowd...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

When do full priced tickets go on sale?
    Will in coincide with the line up release?

And anyone know when we'll get a line-up?

Soon I guess?

just googled it, and last year it was 20th March, so should hopefully be within the next few weeks.
    busy month for the festival announcements....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well seeing that there is not a squawk from EP as yet, the line up for this should be cropping up over the next few days, should be interesting.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

released next Thursday i think.

• Advertisement

It's released for the Spring equinox... in lieu of the actual festival occurring over the Summer equinox! Peace!

So is the line-up announcement tomorrow?

Hope so....

Can we have Mount Kimbie and/or Nico Jaar please!

would love to see Mount Kimbie there, heard a new song of theirs last week and it sounds great.

yep, tomorrow is what B&S have been saying anyway, although today is the Equinox, so maybe it's today...

here's one that jumped the gun...

http://djoystick.com/events/pantha-du-prince-13/
    Pantha DU Prince at Body & Soul Festival in Dublin
    Sat Jun 22 2013 - Sun Jun 23 2013 - 20:00 - 0:00
    @ Body & Soul Festival in Dublin

https://twitter.com/panthaduprince/status/304219421231169536
    Come to "pantha du prince @ Body & Soul Festival" Sunday, June 23 from 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm. http://fb.me/EFl7SK7q
    1:22 PM - 20 Feb 13

Mount Kimbie owe us one at B&S, as it is

Pantha du Prince - good start!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Sea Sessions is happening the same weekend and also announcing its line-up tomorrow.

Quite different festivals but might be a little lineup overlap. Fat Freddies Drop, Bastille and Soak already confirmed for SS.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭shed head

Pantha du Prince - good start!

eh fcuking great start - i'll be going just for this, hopefully another few great acts to follow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

lc180 wrote: »
    Sea Sessions is happening the same weekend and also announcing its line-up tomorrow.

Quite different festivals but might be a little lineup overlap. Fat Freddies Drop, Bastille and Soak already confirmed for SS.

Hoping and praying Fat Freddies Drop will be announced for Body & Soul.....

Visualise.... A warm sunny evening, a cold pint of cider and Fat Freddies Drop to get ya in the mood for the night ahead..... Roll on festival season!!!

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2013/03/21/solange-nick-cave-pil-and-many-more-for-body-soul-festival/

Acts who will be playing the Body & Soul festival at Ballinlough Castle, Co Westmeath on June 21 to 23 include:

Solange (our favourite act at last week’s SXSW festvial)
    Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds (yes, we predicted Aul Nick and his likely lads would play an Irish date this summer)
    PiL
    Kurt Vile & The Violators
    Pantha Du Prince
    Charles Bradley (soul power!)
    Jon Hopkins
    Willy Mason
    Mmoths
    Iron Curtis
    George Fitzgerald (“Thinking Of You” is a killer tune)
    Almighty Scion
    Adultrock
    Monto
    RSAG
    Ryan Vail (one of the stars at the Banter Salon in Derry last month)
    Fish Go Deep

Weekend camping tickets for the festival are €139 a pop (plus TM countryside tax) and go on sale later this morning. More acts to be announced in due course.

• Advertisement

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2013/03/21/solange-nick-cave-pil-and-many-more-for-body-soul-festival/

Acts who will be playing the Body & Soul festival at Ballinlough Castle, Co Westmeath on June 21 to 23 include:

Solange (our favourite act at last week’s SXSW festvial)
    Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds (yes, we predicted Aul Nick and his likely lads would play an Irish date this summer)
    PiL
    Kurt Vile & The Violators
    Pantha Du Prince
    Charles Bradley (soul power!)
    Jon Hopkins
    Willy Mason
    Mmoths
    Iron Curtis
    George Fitzgerald (“Thinking Of You” is a killer tune)
    Almighty Scion
    Adultrock
    Monto
    RSAG
    Ryan Vail (one of the stars at the Banter Salon in Derry last month)
    Fish Go Deep

Weekend camping tickets for the festival are €139 a pop (plus TM countryside tax) and go on sale later this morning. More acts to be announced in due course.

Wow......just, wow

Advertisement