Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body and Soul 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ofthebeststuff

:) Well, I think that's in the spirit of the thing :)

By the way, there's a carpooling group set up on facebook. So far it looks like it's mostly people looking for lifts, but it's worth a shot!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/458342267587612/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

For anyone who wants to inform/depress themselves.

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/5day-ireland.asp

One good thing is the most recent forecast has changed, keeping the heaviest rainfall north of the festival. It still looks likely that the rain will start at around 8 or 9pm Friday and continue in bursts and showers all the way till Sunday night. At least if you arrive early on Friday you should be able to pitch your tent in the dry!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭win2one

ONE DAY TICKET .....I wanted to go for the Saturday only but no such thing as a one day ticket what a load..... :mad:

If it makes you feel any better, the Sunday is supposed to be better weather AND some great acts are playing. I'd say it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Anyone got any weather predictions? Has been fairly great so far this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Tusky wrote: »
    Anyone got any weather predictions? Has been fairly great so far this week.

Accuweather for Clonmellon has been changing daily - right now Friday is set to be sunny all day with rain on Saturday and Sunday.

I remember the forecast for last year was to be pissy all weekend and turned out Saturday was the only dodgy day. And even then, it wasn't that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Accuweather for Clonmellon has been changing daily - right now Friday is set to be sunny all day with rain on Saturday and Sunday.

I remember the forecast for last year was to be pissy all weekend and turned out Saturday was the only dodgy day. And even then, it wasn't that bad

normally i find accuweather to be fairly spot on. you'd take it being dry on the friday, especially while getting set up

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

unless things change i'd be fairly sure that there will be a couple of showers and thats it.... the breeze will help keep things dry-i'm just hoping its not so strong that it effects the sound....

Anyone else get a complimentary ticket? I heard you have to pay 25 euro to charity on entry with one?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

Anyone else get a complimentary ticket? I heard you have to pay 25 euro to charity on entry with one?!?!

Last year no donation required..
    Not sure about this year, but it would be written on the ticket if so

• Advertisement

harryd2 wrote: »
    Last year no donation required..
    Not sure about this year, but it would be written on the ticket if so

Yeah I thought it would be written on it if you had to pay it, also nothing in the terms and conditions on back. I bought a ticket off a guy who said he won the ticket but had already bought tickets. I was just browsing through adverts and I saw someone selling a complimentary ticket and saying that you would have to pay a minimum of €25 to charity on entry with the ticket. Saw a similar ad on gumtree as well.

Yeah I thought it would be written on it if you had to pay it, also nothing in the terms and conditions on back. I bought a ticket off a guy who said he won the ticket but had already bought tickets. I was just browsing through adverts and I saw someone selling a complimentary ticket and saying that you would have to pay a minimum of €25 to charity on entry with the ticket. Saw a similar ad on gumtree as well.
    I remember the same last year but no donation required.
    I had a comp ticket for picnic, which did have the donation written on it.
    So I reckon none for B&S this year

I remember the same last year but no donation required.
    I had a comp ticket for picnic, which did have the donation written on it.
    So I reckon none for B&S this year

Cheers, put my mind ease. Any idea how to keep the rain away while your at it?

Cheers, put my mind ease. Any idea how to keep the rain away while your at it?
    Last year they had a big fan in the sky that kept clouds at bay.
    It only appeared after my friend gave me drink of his tea ;-)

Last year they had a big fan in the sky that kept clouds at bay.
    It only appeared after my friend gave me drink of his tea ;-)

Ha, the old magic tea trick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Rain all day Saturday and Sunday?

nm wrote: »
    Rain all day Saturday and Sunday?

Look at the predicted precipitation levels. It's usually around 1 or 2 mm over a 6 hour period. Which, put simply, is not too much rain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Look at the predicted precipitation levels. It's usually around 1 or 2 mm over a 6 hour period. Which, put simply, is not too much rain!

I don't know what to compare that to though

Grimebox wrote: »
    I don't know what to compare that to though

Well met eireann classify over 1mm in 24 hours as being 'wet'. Over 10mm in 24 hours is classified as 'heavy rainfall'. So for Saturday we're looking at around 4.8mm in 24 hours according to that forecast. Not great, but not quite biblical flooding either. There is actually another thread about this, although we're getting slightly off topic here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66898193

• Advertisement

Oh no, this is very much on topic!

I agree rain all day sounds awful, but it's not a LOT of rain, and it's meant to be showers with some sunny breaks.

I know all this obsessing over the weather is pointless, but I can't help it.

It'll be what it'll be, and in between whinges I know I'm gonna have a great time.

Grimebox wrote: »
    Oh no, this is very much on topic!

Ha, unfortunately I guess your right. If we were talking about sunshine, that would be off topic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 125 ✭✭random1337

Hey guys, on ticketmaster it says I will need to have the credit card used in the ticket purchase as well as the confirmation number to bring with me to obtain my ticket at body and soul. I'm using my mother's credit card to buy the ticket and she lives in Waterford....so I won't have it with me. Will this cause me a problem, do they actually look for your credit card on the day? Or if I took down the card details on paper would that be enough? Anyone know from experience? Thanks

random1337 wrote: »
    Hey guys, on ticketmaster it says I will need to have the credit card used in the ticket purchase as well as the confirmation number to bring with me to obtain my ticket at body and soul. I'm using my mother's credit card to buy the ticket and she lives in Waterford....so I won't have it with me. Will this cause me a problem, do they actually look for your credit card on the day? Or if I took down the card details on paper would that be enough? Anyone know from experience? Thanks

In my experience of other gigs and flights, they will not give it to you unless you have the card itself. You should get in contact with b&s staff asap to confirm or somehow get that card. There is a chance you will be sent away empty handed without it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

This time tomorrow I'll be setting sail to the center of the universe.
    :D

Jaysus lads i cant wait now. I'll be there early enough, but alot of my pals won't be arriving till 9ish, will it be quiet enough in the campsite for me to hang onto a few camping spaces for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

dulux99 wrote: »
    Jaysus lads i cant wait now. I'll be there early enough, but alot of my pals won't be arriving till 9ish, will it be quiet enough in the campsite for me to hang onto a few camping spaces for them?

oh great, one of those guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Advertisement

garrkell wrote: »
    oh great, one of those guys.
    The whole reason I asked the question is because I wouldn't take the piss if it was filling up rapidly. Hence the question.

Advertisement