Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body and Soul 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ofthebeststuff

So exciting! :)

I'm having a terrible time focusing.

Wanted to pimp my friends' band. Don't know where exactly they'll be playing, they're a "pop up" performance, but if you find them, they are hilarious, great tunes, and fantastic energy.

http://bodyandsoul.ie/happening/the-hardcore-priests-of-yemen

I'm really looking forward to seeing them. It should be a wonderful show.

dulux99 wrote: »
    The whole reason I asked the question is because I wouldn't take the piss if it was filling up rapidly. Hence the question.

I'm in kind of the same boat, I'm going up a bit earlier with friends, but the boyfriend and his/our tent are travelling from Belfast and might not be there till late. Camping with friends is the best bit, so I hope we can save a space without too much trouble, but I don't want to step on any toes. Nor do I want to lie on the grass for 4 hours hoping no one tries to set up camp over me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

If someone told me I couldn't set up because they were saving a space for friends, they would get a look of utter disbelief from me. Honestly you would have to lie on the grass for 4 hours to guarantee the spot. Either that or camp towards the edge and hope for the best.

That's fair enough. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

The whole point of my question, was to see if the campsite fills up fast. I wouldn't expect to hang onto a bare patch of grass for my friends. Alot of people dont head up to B&S till the saturday so I was just seeing what the story was. For instance, at Life the other week we got up there at about 9pm and there was still plenty of space around.

• Advertisement

Your guess is as good as mine but I think you'll be fine. The vast majority of people I know that are going are skipping Friday altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

Theres a couple of friends in my group who wont be down until the friday evening but we are just going to bring their tents down and set them up for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

dulux99 wrote: »
    The whole point of my question, was to see if the campsite fills up fast. I wouldn't expect to hang onto a bare patch of grass for my friends. Alot of people dont head up to B&S till the saturday so I was just seeing what the story was. For instance, at Life the other week we got up there at about 9pm and there was still plenty of space around.

Its hard to say, this is the first year that the Friday was included in the full price ticket so I don't think anyone on here is gonna have an informed opinion on the numbers travelling tomorrow versus Saturday.

Not everyone last year was willing to spend an extra €25 for a Donal Dineen set and access to only some of the festival. Since all tickets include Friday access and the added bonus of James Murphy, I'd imagine there will be a lot more people there tomorrow than last year

It's been half and half from the people I know who are going, a sample size of about 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Roots-Sinead

Anyone else seen the map? Family camping seems to be in the overflow Camper Van area of last year and away from the Castle. The main campsite is right beside it too and gotta say I'm not happy about that. The chances of drunken & stoned numpties landing on top of tents where there are kids is going to be a worry. The main walkway is beside the family campsite too so I wonder how secure the area is. It was great last year because we had the added security from the castle so the smallies were very safe. Last year's location for the family campsite seemed much safer and better planned. It was self contained and the serious festival goers were the other side of the festival site......

Have posted on the Body & Soul page so we'll see what news there is.....

• Advertisement

It's been half and half from the people I know who are going, a sample size of about 12.

Around 3 out of 12 here... Ah I can't wait!!!! :D Maybe we will all bump into each other down there and become friends for life :pac:

Anyone else seen the map? Family camping seems to be in the overflow Camper Van area of last year and away from the Castle. The main campsite is right beside it too and gotta say I'm not happy about that. The chances of drunken & stoned numpties landing on top of tents where there are kids is going to be a worry. The main walkway is beside the family campsite too so I wonder how secure the area is. It was great last year because we had the added security from the castle so the smallies were very safe. Last year's location for the family campsite seemed much safer and better planned. It was self contained and the serious festival goers were the other side of the festival site......

Have posted on the Body & Soul page so we'll see what news there is.....

They addressed it in one of their posts from yesterday.

I know not all your questions are addressed in it, have some of the same concerns myself this year - but I dont imagine it will be a case of family campsites being located right next to the gen pop, maybe a buffer zone between sites.

While it was nice to have nearly a dedicated family entrance last year, you cant have everything. I'm sure we'll be well looked after

Grimebox wrote: »
    Around 3 out of 12 here... Ah I can't wait!!!! :D Maybe we will all bump into each other down there and become friends for life :pac:

Feeling the love already!!!!! :D

I am doing a freelance job about electrical supplies and all I am doing is listening to mixes and imaging cracking open the first of those precious cans tomorrow night.

I am half thinking of just getting a rubbishey 12 euro Dunnes tents and setting it up until the BF and his state-of-the-art hiking tent arrive. Something to sit in if it rains and a spot-holder! Nefarious? Perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭dendof

Just re-asking in case someone might now:
    Anyone know how strict they are on tents in campervan site? Always throw up a tent beside mates campervan and never had a problem at other festivals. Hopefully same at Body & Soul

dendof wrote: »
    Just re-asking in case someone might now:

That's a no-no.

http://bodyandsoul.ie/wp_super_faq/can-i-pitch-a-tent-beside-my-campervan

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭dendof

Grimebox wrote: »

Yeah, I seen that alright. That rule is normally on other festival websites too eg Electric Picnic, but I've never seen it enforced.
    Suppose will see how strict they are on Friday, along with the alcohol searches :)

dendof wrote: »
    Yeah, I seen that alright. That rule is normally on other festival websites too eg Electric Picnic, but I've never seen it enforced.
    Suppose will see how strict they are on Friday, along with the alcohol searches :)

Worst case scenario, you plead ignorance and they tell you to take the tent down, they walk on and you "forget"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

This time tomorrow I'll be setting sail to the center of the universe.
    :D

I'm gonna start today.

Kicking off the weekend early with Die Antwoord in the Olympia.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

I'm driving from Galway on Friday @2pm, returning Monday afternoon.
    Have room for 2 (with bags) or 3 (without big bags)
    PM Me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

Can you get access to the car park if you just have a day ticket for Sunday. So bloody excited for this I'd probably leave the car in Clonmellon and walk lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Lukker- wrote: »
    Any lifts going up from Galway on the Friday for 2? Will pay petrol etc, don't really want to get a bus to dublin :)
    harryd2 wrote: »
    PM Me if interested.

Get it on guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

harryd2 wrote: »
    PM Me if interested.

Pm sent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 125 ✭✭random1337

Are the water filling stations/taps free to use? Im thinking of bringing empty bottles bcoz water is fair heavy to be lugging up there

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Festival prep going well.

Step 1: Watch "In The Night Garden" with The Baba. My brain will probably be a bit like this @ 1am dancing to Donal.

Step 2: Read "Where The Wild Things Are" to The Baba. Obligatory wild rumpus ensues. Bit like if Nick Cave plays "Deanna".

Step 3: Get to the office for 5am to see if we can work out what's fk'd our systems up before everyone else gets to work.

Hmmm.... not so sure about that last one.... Think it'll mean I need a few serious cups of tea to keep me motoring tomorrow night....

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Right. One last pre-fest post.

Have a great time everyone - feel free to say hello to the short guy with glasses carrying a toddler wearing green ear defenders!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Anyone know if there are phone charging facilities on site?

Anyone know if there are phone charging facilities on site?

Yup, apparently the Vodafone tent will have charging facilities. Also, there are lockers on site which have plug points, so bring your charger

Some additional maps and timetables for the kiddies added to the site.

Better look at the different campsites. It seems the Quiet campsite is now between the family area and the general campsite

SO EXCITED! SO MUCH work to do before I can take off! I need to buy a rucksack! Are 10 pairs of socks enough? AAAAAAAAH!?!

A guy went to a psychiatrist. "Doc," he said, "I keep having these alternating recurring dreams. First I'm a teepee, then I'm a wigwam, then I'm a teepee, and then I'm a wigwam. It's driving me crazy. What's wrong with me?"

The doctor replied, "It's very simple. Relax. You're two tents."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

Time has arrived, let's do this! See ye all there!!

Advertisement