Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body and Soul 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

Have fun everyone and make sure to enjoy your 24 cans responsibly :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

If anyone gets down early and attempts to bring more cans would they mind letting us know how they got on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

The weather is looking shocking for tomorrow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

dulux99 wrote: »
    The weather is looking shocking for tomorrow :(

The forecast has gotten progressively better over the last few days. Won't be too bad, showers mainly, shouldn't be too heavy. Winds will be gusty and temperatures cooler but I'm sure we can live with that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Mr Whirly wrote: »
    If anyone gets down early and attempts to bring more cans would they mind letting us know how they got on?

The first thing I do once I get in is to find a laptop and report to boards.ie :pac:

Grimebox wrote: »
    The first thing I do once I get in is to find a laptop and report to boards.ie :pac:

No phone, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

i would be more worried about the wind-the main stage is open and sound will be affected...

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Tree Scape

Anyone that was there before know whether it would be easier to go get wristbands and then go back to car for tent - will be in family camping and so have got lots of gear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

getting a sunday ticket. someone just told me that sunday ticket holders are not allowed bring booze into the site. is this true?? like wtf am i meant to do when the bars close at 10??

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Dutchy

Hey guys - gonna head down in the next hour. Last minute decision... so dont have any camping equipment. Planning on sleeping the car... is the carpark close the main area/entrance? Any probs getting to and from?

Oh what's the ground like down there? Is she cutting up?

Hate wellies :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Swirly Whirly

It's pretty wet down here. Free wifi again in some areas lol. it's how I'm posting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A_Fitz

Weather was a balls; organisation was lacking; and security were utter, utter *****. Worst festival experience I've had thus far.

Plus-points were Kurt Vile; what I saw of RSAG; and the chicken wings and fries from that Wings Wagon. The 'My House' area was very nice as well, great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Few tips:
    -Road sign all over the shop,follow map on body and souls site to find it as its easily missed.
    - I don't think they're allowing any drink of any kind in from car park to festival entrance whether you're camping or not
    - car park is fairly close to camping and festival entrance, theres only one tiny entrance so will probably be chaos later when people start leaving
    - very limited toilets in camping area
    -it's fairly mucky so would recommend wellies or similar
    - theres no reentry for day ticket holders,once you're in you're in and can't get in and out

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Tree Scape

First time and really enjoyed it, only stayed until about 4 yesterday.
    Nick Cave was fantastic, got to also see mmoths, Kurt Vile, Forrests, Sixtoes, and that was about it, along with loads of bits and bobs around the place. Oh and Soul Kids-spent lots of them in there with the kids and they really also enjoyed Green Crafts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

thankfully i had a good group with me and the music i saw was mostly good, as the festival itself was very average, and definitely worse than last year.

parking when we got there was a free-for-all, the stewards were like headless chickens directing everyone down and up the field in a long, slow, snaking queue which served no purpose and then directing cars all over the place and seemingly making up the parking plan as they went along.

thankfully managed to get 24cans and some vodka in through the first security check, saw/heard of others that didn't though.

campsite was a bit all over the shop compared with last year. quiet campsite was marked as general camping and security were moving people on who had already started pitching there. no real differentiation between the types of campsites from what we could see. had friends in the family campsite who were completely unimpressed with the lack of organisation there too.
    one of our group's tents was robbed, and friends in another part of the campsite were robbed too.

had drink taken off us going into the main arena at 1am on Friday night, well after the bars were closed.
    security checks on the Sunday were nonsense. went out to the car to get mixers for the spirits we had in the tent. came back with 2 unopened 2L bottles of Coke and was told no drinks of any kind were allowed into the campsite on Sunday. "eh, there's a sign over there saying that. or at least there was, dunno where it is now" said the security guard. lots of people outside the gates giving out. yet another restriction to force people to purchase things inside it seems.

forest stuff was pretty much the same as last year. MyHouse addition was good. a few things missing from last year.
    Midnight Circus was ok, having the bar and seats at the back, and no entrances on one side made it hard to get through at times.

music highlights: George Fitzgerald, **** Buttons, Jon Hopkins, all absolutely killed it.
    lowlight: Mmoths, same half-arsed live show he's been doing for 2 years, but with added crap post-rock. like his recorded stuff but he's just rubbish live.

overall, had a good time due to a good group of people and plenty of good music. probably wouldn't go again unless there's a great lineup, as this year the organisation/general festival policies was a big step backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

I had a good festival, but not as good as last year. The security were utter *****, especially the blonde supervisor one. I did manage to sneak a lot of drink in over the weekend, though. +1 to having drink taken off us after the bars closed on Friday night - what the feck?! The music on Saturday night was brilliant. Nick Cave and **** Buttons gave serious shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Had a great time. Charles Bradley was great, Nick Cave amazing and enjoyed Kurt Vile too. So much fun in MyHouse all weekend and the Reckless in love stage was great too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Free face painting and free massages in the vodafone tent was a nice touch

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

some weird bad points like the toilets in the campsites but great weekend all in all.... also thought 'my house' was the highlight....

Good stuff. Nick Cave and Kurt Vile were great. The security were only half assed searching people for cans so it was easy enough to get past them.

Two bars selling beer wasn't enough. Should have been one beside the Midnight Circus. People with small children was ridiculous particularly after dark. A large proportion of people were off their faces, why would you want your kids around that?

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

All in all, a good weekend.

festival highlights:
    - Seeing a 10/11 year old girl play a killer dub-reggae DJ set @ My House. The place was hopping!
    She must have one proud daddy!
    - Quirkiness of the forest & walled gardens, madness around every corner... always entertained!
    - Music: Fcuk Buttons, Charles Bradley, the Congos
    festival letdowns:
    - Over zealous security guards - stopping people from bringing unopened bottles of water in from the carpark?! seriously folks, what de f*ck? I drank a full litre bottle in front of the pr!ck
    - Road signage - The festival entrance was on the Athboy/Delvin road and yet your official signs brought people all the from Athboy out to Clonmellon then Delvin and back in the Athboy road again?? what was the deal here? very frustrating.
    - Once again seeing stupid selfish crusty ****heads dragging their infants around in the freezing cold.
    I don't give a f*ck if you wanna 'immerse their mind in the groove', they're babies and don't want to be there!! </rant>

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dia squish

My first festival experience, loved it. Managed to get the tent set up right by the main site entrance, brilliant! Thought Nick Cave and Nicolas Jaar were great, Forrests and The Congos too, disappointed with Fck Buttons and Mmoths. Didn't see enough music though, too distracted by everything else going on!

My House was the most fun I've had in a long time, I want to live there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

kormak wrote: »
    festival letdowns:
    - Over zealous security guards - stopping people from bringing unopened bottles of water in from the carpark?! seriously folks, what de f*ck? I drank a full litre bottle in front of the pr!ck
    - Road signage - The festival entrance was on the Athboy/Delvin road and yet your official signs brought people all the from Athboy out to Clonmellon then Delvin and back in the Athboy road again?? what was the deal here? very frustrating.

These 2 for me also...

They seem to have turned B&S into a big festival, where the magic of it was in its smallness (I know capacity was the same but I'm talking about the general organisation and the security etc.)

It was also a 20 minute walk to the campervan site, which, when you do it a few times a day really takes it out of you.

I for one think it has lost a bit of its Soul, and unless the lineup is unreal next year, I think I'll skip it and try Seasessions.

(I've been to every B&S so far, and usually it's my favourite festival of the year).

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

UsedToWait wrote: »
    These 2 for me also...

They seem to have turned B&S into a big festival, where the magic of it was in its smallness (I know capacity was the same but I'm talking about the general organisation and the security etc.)

It was also a 20 minute walk to the campervan site, which, when you do it a few times a day really takes it out of you.

I for one think it has lost a bit of its Soul, and unless the lineup is unreal next year, I think I'll skip it and try Seasessions.

(I've been to every B&S so far, and usually it's my favourite festival of the year).

I missed last year, so it was a big surprise seeing the main stage spread out to where it was... I think I prefer it within the walled garden tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

Was Solange good?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Well I had a complete hassle free weekend, I had a great time. No trouble, managed to get plenty of booze through (bingo wings and in my hood worked every time), 10 minute walk from car park to tent and 5 minutes into festival. Great music and weather wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Fighting the fear now though. Well worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

Amazing weekend, as good as last year for me.
    Security were much more human than last years.
    Some great quirkiness around the woods, including funny lost dog/found cat/Lionel Ritchie signs.
    I missed the Bog cottage this year - it was last years highlight for me.
    Always a great atmosphere and friendly crowd at B&S. Best festival anywhere, IMO.

Advertisement