Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body and Soul 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

kormak wrote: »
    Was just thinking the same myself... it doesn't look likely does it?!
    I've been getting into some of the acts listed to play but I would agree it's agree it's lacking big time!
    Very few DJs/Electronic acts??
    George Fitz, **** Buttons, Mmmoths... is that it?
    Pantha du Prince, Jon Hopkins, Fish Go Deep, Monto

but yeah, could use a few more. as it is there isn't enough there for me to get a ticket.

that crowd being the ones that they've primarily catered for over the last few years? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

That's a ridiculous thing to say! please tell me that was said with a hint of sarcasm?
    There's any amount of great DJs out there who play to ordinary decent music lovers...
    not all dance music is Tiesto & David bleedin Guetta and "that crowd"!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Seriously? A lot of the main acts have been electronic over the past few years: Nicolas Jaar, The Field, Four Tet, M83, Little Dragon.....

Seriously? A lot of the main acts have been electronic over the past few years: Nicolas Jaar, The Field, Four Tet, M83, Little Dragon.....

Brandt Brauer Frick, Joris Voorn & Plaid

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

According to On The Record, James Murphy and Nicolas Jaar added, superb!

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

According to On The Record, James Murphy and Nicolas Jaar added, superb!

That's more like it!

and from the comments there:
    jimcarrollOTR moderator

More additions to come around June 1 too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Tree Scape

What would the general camping be like for a family {kids 6, 9,10}
    I have general access tickets and they've said I need family ticket to get into family camping?
    I wouldn't bring my kids in general camping at EP, but never been to B+S and was wondering is it worth the risk?

If not anyone got a contact email address for ticketmaster to see if i can exchange?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Tree Scape wrote: »
    I have general access tickets and they've said I need family ticket to get into family camping?
    I wouldn't bring my kids in general camping at EP, but never been to B+S and was wondering is it worth the risk?

If not anyone got a contact email address for ticketmaster to see if i can exchange?

Generally cool but maybe a bit loud at night for you I'd say..
    I don't see why Ticketmaster shouldn't swap them, or contact B&S directly if not.

0818 903001 is the TM phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

its not designed for kids so i wouldnt bring them to regular camping. Personally I dont think kids should be allowed in regular camping, I dont want to feel guilty for drinking all day at a festival :D
    I am sure they will trade your tickets - they are pretty decent!.

It's quieter but there's still plenty of pi$$ed c*nts falling around. I wouldn't risk it, especially with a 6 year old.

Id recommend getting into the family camping area. As other have mentioned, you can get ticketmaster to change the ticket for you, that's what I did last year.

Id recommend getting into the family camping area. As other have mentioned, you can get ticketmaster to change the ticket for you, that's what I did last year.
    Thanks for the replies. Will get them changed then with TM. Did you just ring them last year? Can't find a ticketmaster email address (surprise) though I know they have an office in Grafton Street, and B+S less than helpful!

Thanks for the replies. Will get them changed then with TM. Did you just ring them last year? Can't find a ticketmaster email address (surprise) though I know they have an office in Grafton Street, and B+S less than helpful!

This is the mail I got from B&S last year when I contacted them about it:
    You'll need to contact Ticketmaster on the number below with your booking reference number. They should be able to change it for you. There is limited family camping tickets so I would advise you to change it as soon as possible as you will not be permitted to enter the family campsite without a family campsite ticket.
    0818 719 300 - Republic of Ireland Customers
    0844 847 2455 - Northern Ireland Customers
    00 353 1456 9569 - International Customers

When I contacted TM, they were able to take care of it pretty quickly, as long as there is availability in the family camping area. I think thats what they were most concerned about. Just check on the TM site before calling that they are still on sale

Just got a very very helpful mail from B+S, it seems they are going to sort it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Is anyone still waiting on their tickets? Mine haven't been dispatched yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Roots-Sinead

I've heard there's going to be a type of Solstice celebration on the Friday night. Something to do with the lake. I'll check that out again and see if I can find something to post about it.
    I've just noticed the dates for the installment tickets. I paid my first installment on May 15th and the balance will be taken on May 31st.... Just a heads up to anyone paying this way to ensure you've funds in your account for May 31st just in case. If they don't get the second installment, the first is voided and you lose the money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CorkClaire82

I've heard there's going to be a type of Solstice celebration on the Friday night. Something to do with the lake. I'll check that out again and see if I can find something to post about it.
    I've just noticed the dates for the installment tickets. I paid my first installment on May 15th and the balance will be taken on May 31st.... Just a heads up to anyone paying this way to ensure you've funds in your account for May 31st just in case. If they don't get the second installment, the first is voided and you lose the money!

Ah that would explain why the tickets haven't been dispatched yet, my head is clearly not screwed on correctly!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Roots-Sinead

I don't think kids are allowed into the general camping area. To be honest, having seen the state of the place last year, I wouldn't be bringing my kids to camp there. I don't mean that in a grossly negative way but it was seriously waterlogged and in terms of late in the evening, there's going to be waaaay more noise, booze and whatever else.

Contact B&S via their FB page and see if they can help. I think they may be able to exchange the tickets for family camping. On the plus side, the parking for family camping is closer to the family campsite! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

here you go, not much detail though

http://bodyandsoul.ie/about/bodysoul-2013-summer-solstice

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Any idea how tickets are selling? I want to wait a while to buy mine, but after Life Festival selling out, I'm a bit nervous . . .

Any idea how tickets are selling? I want to wait a while to buy mine, but after Life Festival selling out, I'm a bit nervous . . .

Can't imagine they're selling that fast... considering there's ads on the radio for it every 2 seconds!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭nigeldinho

I can't imagine it selling out, but it won't be too far off it. Going to wait myself and see if I have the funds coming up to the weekend before deciding. Did it last year no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 johnnykeegan

Hi guys. does anybody know if there's live music on the main stages on the Friday night? I went down on Saturday last year and none of the acts announced had played on Friday. I'd rather not have to take an extra day off work on the Friday. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Hi guys. does anybody know if there's live music on the main stages on the Friday night? I went down on Saturday last year and none of the acts announced had played on Friday. I'd rather not have to take an extra day off work on the Friday. Cheers.

I think it's just djs etc on Friday. Nobody on the main stages until Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Can anyone who's been before gimme a small idea of what to expect? From all aspects, camping conditions, arena, crowd etc... Been to 3 picnics and 2 life festivals (and 4 oxegens as a young fella but we won't talk about them) so I'm excited to be going to a new festival :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭nigeldinho

dulux99 wrote: »
    Can anyone who's been before gimme a small idea of what to expect? From all aspects, camping conditions, arena, crowd etc... Been to 3 picnics and 2 life festivals (and 4 oxegens as a young fella but we won't talk about them) so I'm excited to be going to a new festival :)

Camping: Great experience. No hassle from anyone. Very friendly atmosphere. Everyone very helpful. If it's wet though, it can get very mucky in places. Camp close to the shops and stalls.

Arena: It's more like many arenas. The main stage is beautiful. Woodstock-esque you could say. Very chilled atmosphere at the main stage with nobody pushing and scrambling for places. The rest of the areas, you'll find out for yourself, but it's much the same vibes all round.

Crowd: As said, it's chilled out. Unless there's a massive change this year, you'll get along perfectly. Friend of mine was part of the security team last year. There was something like 45 of them in total for the whole festival because it's simply not a big issue. Be nice to others and you'll do grand.

Just don't treat it like muck. It's a beautiful festival in a beautiful setting.

Advertisement