Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body and Soul 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

Anyone know what beer they sell inside? Is there Guinness or any ales?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Haven't seen too much mention of Iron Curtis, but he's definitely worth checking out as well. Example below.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

dulux99 wrote: »
    Thats ****ing ****. It's like my mam has been making up the rules. Bit ridiculous considering its gonna be a quite older crowd at this, treating us like children
    We'll just have to resort to smuggling stuff in so. Every trick in the book will be called on

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Lots of people drinking out in the parking lot, so.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hurricanefloss

24 cans?? they cannot be for cereal...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

this was last year's allowance:
    Admission of alcohol into the event site will be limited to 48 cans per person or 1 litre of spirits or 4 bottles of wine.
    they allowed you to go out and come back in again though.

i usually bring down 24 cans and a bottle of spirits, and i know some of my friends with higher tolerances would go through well more than that.
    some of the girls only bring wine or spirits, so would probably have a litre of wine or 500ml of vodka gone by the end of the first night...
    it wouldn't be too bad if you could go out and get more (although not much use for ppl getting the bus down), but you can't even do that.

B&S are answering other questions on their FB page, but ignoring all the alcohol ones.

Mr Whirly wrote: »
    Anyone know what beer they sell inside? Is there Guinness or any ales?
    Becks and Bulmers from the main bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

ha :o
    i always end up bringing some back tbf, but it's still nice to have some options!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 howayahorse

drinkaware.ie is funded by the drink companies anyway..."don't stop drinking, just drink less!" sly divils

In consultation with the statutory authorities and Drink Aware a decision was made that the policy for festival goers' personal alcohol quota should be 24 cans OR one litre of wine OR a half litre of spirits.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Hopefully they won't police that too heavily. it was would be terrible if they did

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

In consultation with the our official sponsor Bulmers a decision was made that the policy for festival goers' personal alcohol quota should be 24 cans OR one litre of wine OR a half litre of spirits.
    The only exception to this rule is if you bring Bulmers, Bulmers Light, Bulmers Pear, Ritz, Strongbow, Linden Village , Stag, Bulmers Berry, Becks, Stella Artois, Bass, Staropramen, Tennents, Spaten, Hoegaarden, Leffe, Franziskaner, Boddingtons
    I didn't realise they had involvement with that many brands

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

Really annoyed at this blatant money grabbing excercise. If it wasnt for boards i would have unknowlingly gone in with half my stuff next week, threw the tent up, gone back to the car for the rest of the stuff only for what? To be told sorry you missed your chance your not brining anything else in. And that limit on what you can bring in to last three days is a joke anyway. Theres going to be a lot of angry people down there next week!

I wonder how strict they are going to be on the bag searches now. Normally its the "any glass?" and then a half hearted bag pat down and you're on your way....

Absolutely not! It was so laid back and friendly with a real mature crowd. Bulmers must have sweetened the deal nicely compared to last year to go ahead with this.

Ah well I suppose it all depends on how strict they are going to search people going in (hopefully not very)

Am still looking forward to the weekend anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Seems to be a serious fallout on their Facebook page around the drink rules - what are the chances of them backing down over it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

It will cause war at the gates if they enforce the rules.

Normally would have 2 litres of spirits, separated into two 2 litre bottles and mixed (1 litre spirit/1 litre mixer per bottle). Plus maybe a slab of cans. I'd imagine a lot of people would bring a similar amount. If they try and enforce the half litre spirit rule, people will be attempting to neck them before they go through the gates rather than let security bin them. Will be carnage:rolleyes:

Fcuk the limits anyway. Think me and my friends are gonna take it easy on the drink this year and concentrate on Class A's... Looks like they'll much easier to smuggle in:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

What's the narcotics scene like at this?
    It seems like a very heavy family scene but when the sun sets like?

• Advertisement

This is a message someone left on Body and Souls facebook page and sums it up nicely really
    Interesting to see how this will play out. do you really think people will all just sit around and go 'Oh, okay then. In we go for €5 pints'. Havoc will come and you deserve it for this. I imagine your carpark is going to be the scene of many impromptu raves. You should learn that crowds aren't actually that bad as long as you don't so obviously restrict them like this.

The more i think about it the more i cant see them going through with this.

What's the narcotics scene like at this?
    It seems like a very heavy family scene but when the sun sets like?

Same level as electric picnic really.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Has the day by day lineup been announced? Also can you buy day tickets, presuming it's not sold out yet?

alcohol limits on broadsheet now too:
    http://www.broadsheet.ie/2013/06/12/mammy-soul/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Anyone angry about the ridiculous alcohol limits should post about it on their Facebook page. They probably won't reverse it at this stage, but it might make them think twice about ordering security to enforce it.

Body & Soul's biggest selling point is the fact that its seen as a more laid-back festival which attracts an older crowd...yet people are being treated like children. If you're a wine drinker you're allowed a third of a bottle per day...madness!

It's put a massive dampener on this for me. It seems so corporate and greedy, which is what I thought body&soul tried to shy away from. Pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭goldiejam

Lots of people drinking out in the parking lot, so.

Why pay that sort of money to go drink in a car park? Nothing more than a money grabbing exercise AFAIK.

I'm not a big drinker and wouldn't go through 24 cans in a weekend, but just knowing that that a booze limit exists in order to boost bar profits just leaves a bad taste. I have my ticket this year but I will not be going again if this is enforced. Plenty of other good little festivals around..

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

goldiejam wrote: »
    Why pay that sort of money to go drink in a car park? Nothing more than a money grabbing exercise AFAIK.

I'm not a big drinker and wouldn't go through 24 cans in a weekend, but just knowing that that a booze limit exists in order to boost bar profits just leaves a bad taste. I have my ticket this year but I will not be going again if this is enforced. Plenty of other good little festivals around..

I'm with you, I'm not much of a drinker anyway so it won't affect me much, but I can see why people are angry about this. Like you said, it leaves a bad taste --- for everybody --- especially when they announce the change in policy just a week before the festival when so many tickets have already been sold. Ticket buyers would have had the expectation that last year's policy would remain the same. The B&S FB page is hopping over this.

People at every festival leave drink in their cars -- keeps it from being stolen from tents, for one thing -- and you always see a few people drinking in the carpark. I expect to see a lot more of that. Which is BAD -- it draws the life out of the festival if people are leaving to neck alcohol outside, it's of course dangerous to drink in an area where people are driving, it's more likely cars will be damaged, too, and it'll draw people who don't have tickets to come and hang out and drink at the free party outside B&S (remember Phoenix Park on the day of the SHM concert) and then maybe fence-hop too. Hope they've budgeted for extra security to police the carpark and to clean up the mess. Angry drinkers don't clean up after themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

goldiejam wrote: »
    I'm not a big drinker and wouldn't go through 24 cans in a weekend,

People keep pointing to the can limit, which is bad, but what about people who don't drink beer or cider? Half a bottle of spirits or one bottle of wine is madness! Far less units of alcohol than 24 cans and would barely be enough for one day, let alone three.

• Advertisement

Surely if we hide our bottles of spirits deep in the bags it should be alright. cant imagine them taking out every single persons belongings

Advertisement