Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body and Soul 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 howayahorse

Another crazy question....do they sell any camping gear there? I'm thinking I'd like to buy a camping chair there as my hands will be full with the "all booze in on first entry" requirement

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This is coming from someone who is volunteering a few days before the festival starts, how far is Clonmellon from the Body & Soul festival site and does it have a Super Valu store? POD volunteers will have to stock up in food supplies, also looking for a takeaway or fast food place, so I can have an evening meal. I recommend to take some pot noodles with you. Also recommendations for other towns that might be less than 10 kms from the festival site, as Clonmellon is really small with a population of 316 people.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 100WattWarlock

Hey there, would anyone be travelling from Galway on Friday and back on Monday and have a spare seat? I'd be more than happy to contribute to fuel etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Please let that bloody 10 day forecast be wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

I have a feeling they won't be enforcing this beer limit thing. If so, as other people have said, there will be carnage in the car park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dia squish

Think I'd be missing much by going Saturday instead of Friday? Never camped before, thinking I might ease myself into it by going two nights instead of three :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

nm wrote: »
    Please let that bloody 10 day forecast be wrong

According to my ipad accuweather app, which I find to be usually spot on, it's telling me that it's gonna be nice weather all week, with rain on saturday. I'd take that at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Mona Olsen

Hi
    Anyone know how far the family campsite is from parking area? We have a lot of camping gear, a large heavy tent, and kiddies who will not walk far.
    thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭culline

bogzilla wrote: »
    crazy question i know ... but is there anywhere nearby [i.e. pub / hotel within 5k] to watch the lions first test on the saturday morning?

:(

Possibly a screen within the festival showing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Mona Olsen wrote: »
    Hi
    Anyone know how far the family campsite is from parking area? We have a lot of camping gear, a large heavy tent, and kiddies who will not walk far.
    thanks!

Depends exactly where you end up parking your car, but I'd say prepare for a 10-15 minute walk if NOT heavily laden down.

To be fair to them, it is very close to the festival entrance (< 5 minutes), just matter of how close your car is to that. Main campsite is much further to walk assuming same layout....

Disclaimer 1: I'm assuming family camping is same place as last year

Disclaimer 2: I think there were problems with their original car park plans last year - so here's hoping the car parks this year allow us get closer to the entrance.

Final comment: The trek will be worth it - great festival :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Mona Olsen

Depends exactly where you end up parking your car, but I'd say prepare for a 10-15 minute walk if NOT heavily laden down.

To be fair to them, it is very close to the festival entrance (< 5 minutes), just matter of how close your car is to that. Main campsite is much further to walk assuming same layout....

Disclaimer 1: I'm assuming family camping is same place as last year

Disclaimer 2: I think there were problems with their original car park plans last year - so here's hoping the car parks this year allow us get closer to the entrance.

Final comment: The trek will be worth it - great festival :)
    Thanks! :DIt's our first time doing family camping at a festival, and as you can usually park beside your site in regular campsites I only just thought of the walk. 5 mins is doable. The 30min from regular parking to camping described in an earlier post would mean having to seriously downsize all our gear! :eek: We intend to be there early on Friday so hopefully can park as close as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well folks thats me down to Ballinlough tomorrow morning, working the pre-fest woo hoo :D:D:D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭iancairns

Well folks thats me down to Ballinlough tomorrow morning, working the pre-fest woo hoo :D:D:D

Tell us what the ground is like?

That's a lot of rain we had last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

dia squish wrote: »
    Think I'd be missing much by going Saturday instead of Friday? Never camped before, thinking I might ease myself into it by going two nights instead of three :o

Stating the obvious slightly, but you'd be missing James Murphy and Donal Dineen, both of whom I expect to be excellent, and to generate an excellent atmosphere.

Also it'll probably be a bit less busy on the Friday, which is a good chance to wander around the woods and check out all the quirky stuff hiding in there.

If it's your first time camping and you want to "ease yourself into it", doing Friday and Saturday as your two nights would make more sense imo.

If you arrive on Saturday, all the best camping (and parking) spots will be gone and you may end up spending quite a while trudging through festival-goers looking for a spot to camp. If the weather's bad, this will not be fun. Particularly if it's very poor weather and there's already been one night of people tramping around and generating mud.

On Friday, lugging your gear and putting up your tent should be a bit easier - even if weather is sh1te.

Sunday morning, pack up your gear, lug it back to your car and then go enjoy the day.

That way not only do you get to pitch your tent in relative calm on Friday, you get to enjoy all three days of festival.

This plan of action does however depend slightly on there being someone in your group willing to act as designated driver for the Sunday. On the plus side, you can always decide on the Sunday morning to stay that night as well if you're loving the whole camping thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dia squish

Stating the obvious slightly, but you'd be missing James Murphy and Donal Dineen, both of whom I expect to be excellent, and to generate an excellent atmosphere.

Also it'll probably be a bit less busy on the Friday, which is a good chance to wander around the woods and check out all the quirky stuff hiding in there.

If it's your first time camping and you want to "ease yourself into it", doing Friday and Saturday as your two nights would make more sense imo.

If you arrive on Saturday, all the best camping (and parking) spots will be gone and you may end up spending quite a while trudging through festival-goers looking for a spot to camp. If the weather's bad, this will not be fun. Particularly if it's very poor weather and there's already been one night of people tramping around and generating mud.

On Friday, lugging your gear and putting up your tent should be a bit easier - even if weather is sh1te.

Sunday morning, pack up your gear, lug it back to your car and then go enjoy the day.

That way not only do you get to pitch your tent in relative calm on Friday, you get to enjoy all three days of festival.

This plan of action does however depend slightly on there being someone in your group willing to act as designated driver for the Sunday. On the plus side, you can always decide on the Sunday morning to stay that night as well if you're loving the whole camping thing!

Thanks! I'll be getting the bus on Saturday and friends will be going on Friday and have the tent set up so that saves all that mess for me!

Just need to decide if I'm ok with missing James Murphy or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Hate to be a doom and gloom monger once more but according to accuweather it's meant to rain friday saturday and sunday :( we're still 5 days off so hopefully it changes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

bogzilla wrote: »
    crazy question i know ... but is there anywhere nearby [i.e. pub / hotel within 5k] to watch the lions first test on the saturday morning?

:(

I would like to reiterate this question

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

can you let us know if they mention over the next few days if they'll be enforcing the alcohol limits?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Roots-Sinead

Linho wrote: »
    Haven't been to B&S before but we have taken kids to EP and wanted to try B&S this year also. We have camper and go to family campsite in EP as it allows campervans with a Family campervan ticket. B&S don't allow campers into family camping so just wondering if anyone has taken young children and what the campervan site is like.
    Ta!!

Hi Linho,
    Camped in the family campsite last year and we were right beside the campervan site. I know that because of the flooding the family camping car park wasn't where it was intended i.e. beside the family campsite {!} but I don't think the family campsite was moved. That being the case, there's not much of a distance between the two camping areas.
    If you're lucky and get in early, you might be able to pull up adjacent to the family campsite area so you'll have the advantage of the quietness of it but you're in your allocated parking area.....if that makes sense.
    The family campsite and the campervan site were lovely and relaxed last year. There is a little concession selling tea/coffee, breakfasts of pancakes, pizza's during the day etc., Nothing extravagant and reasonably priced. You can walk around the side of the Castle and down into the forest area so it's far enough away to avoid the mayhem at bedtime but not so far that you don't feel a part of everything.
    Hope that helps :)

• Advertisement

This post has been deleted.

Okay thanks.

Is there anywhere nearby [i.e. pub / hotel within 5k] to watch the lions first test on the Saturday morning?

Never been to the festival before, assuming the Lions rugby math won't be shown on site, can anyone recommend somewhere close by I can drive to?

Hey Doctor199, Athboy is 14 mins drive away, Clonmellon 16 mins and Delvin 8 mins. There's bound to be a pub in one of those places showing the match.....but seriously......you'll be having too much fun to be bothered leaving, plus if you drive out, the chances are when you come back on Saturday evening you'll be parking your car at the furthest most point of the carpark, 'cos a lot of people arrive throughout the course of the day on Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

you'll be having too much fun to be bothered leaving

What fun will everyone be having at 11am? None of us are driving so I'm going to miss it. It's a bit crap they are setting nothing up considering it's on so early. That and the weather forecast has me wanting to flog my ticket now.

Grimebox wrote: »
    Okay thanks.

Is there anywhere nearby [i.e. pub / hotel within 5k] to watch the lions first test on the Saturday morning?

From their Facebook page
    Body&Soul: We reckon the closest TV will be in Clonmellon... there's a few people on here wondering, ye should form a group and do a little excursion Saturday morning

This is coming from someone who is volunteering a few days before the festival starts, how far is Clonmellon from the Body & Soul festival site and does it have a Super Valu store? POD volunteers will have to stock up in food supplies, also looking for a takeaway or fast food place, so I can have an evening meal. I recommend to take some pot noodles with you. Also recommendations for other towns that might be less than 10 kms from the festival site, as Clonmellon is really small with a population of 316 people.

Answered this on the Overheard at B&S FB page

Mona Olsen wrote: »
    Hi
    thanks!

Mona Olsen,
    Last year the crew car park was flooded and so the family camping car park was given to them. That left us in with the general camping which was absolutely awful. I was on my own with a smallie and it took me five hours with four trips back and forth through absolute sludge with a trolley that kept getting stuck.
    I've asked B&S about this issue before and they've said that the family camping carpark will be very close to the site {which if we'd had ours last year, in fairness we would have been} however I do think it'd be a great help if there were a few golf buggies or a tractor & trailer or two in the family campsite on Friday afternoon, to give people a hand. It's hard to drag along kids who are fed up trekking, when you've arms full of gear. And camping with kids means a good bit of extra gear!
    May be you could post on the B&S page too and ask them about the arrangements....?

Grimebox wrote: »
    I would like to reiterate this question
    Delvin 8 mins drive, Athboy 14 mins and Clonmellon 16 mins.
    Take you're pick but be prepared to be parked MILES away from the festival entrance when you return as a lot of people arrive from early Saturday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A_Fitz

Anyone stay in one of those bell tents in the boutique camping area before??

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

Does anyone know this years capacity?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

Does anyone know this years capacity?

I dunno but it looks like it sold out just today. My mates reckon they can't get tickets on ticketmaster.

Advertisement