Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body and Soul 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

Ah crap! If anyone has one for sale PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

Tickets still for sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

From their Facebook page
    Hi folks, don't panic (well maybe panic a little) we still have tickets, there was just a lot of traffic to the site causing a mini meltdown... we're back on track now... get in! X
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Body-Soul-Festival-tickets/artist/1857632

• Registered Users Posts: 1 PalmerE

Camper Add ons sold out.

Anyone know of any for sale PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Mr Whirly wrote: »
    What fun will everyone be having at 11am? None of us are driving so I'm going to miss it. It's a bit crap they are setting nothing up considering it's on so early. That and the weather forecast has me wanting to flog my ticket now.

you're considering selling your B&S ticket because you're gonna miss a Lions game?! the mind boggles!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭dendof

Anyone know how strict they are on tents in campervan site? Always throw up a tent beside mates campervan and never had a problem at other festivals. Hopefully same at Body & Soul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

nanoro wrote: »
    Just looked at it now myself and it says:
    "24 cans of beer / lager / cider OR 1 litre of white or red wine (decanted into a plastic bottle - NO GLASS) OR 1/2 litre spirits (decanted into a plastic bottle - NO GLASS) Please note, searches will be undertaken upon entry to ensure this is complied with and any alcohol above this allocation will be confiscated You may only bring your alcohol allocation into the festival upon first entry at the wristband check If you leave the festival, upon re-admittance you will be searched again and any alcohol will be confiscated. STRICTLY NO GLASS BOTTLES."

Has there been an update on this?
    In consultation with the our official sponsor Bulmers a decision was made that the policy for festival goers' personal alcohol quota should be 24 cans OR one litre of wine OR a half litre of spirits.
    The only exception to this rule is if you bring Bulmers, Bulmers Light, Bulmers Pear, Ritz, Strongbow, Linden Village , Stag, Bulmers Berry, Becks, Stella Artois, Bass, Staropramen, Tennents, Spaten, Hoegaarden, Leffe, Franziskaner, Boddingtons

Do you have a link to where this came from? Is it for real?

Also Smirnoff are another official sponsor. Does that mean Smirnoff vodka is exempt?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

The fact that you can't re-enter with the booze is the killer I think. It's gonna be pissing rain friday, i'd much prefer to be able to go in with my bag and set up my tent then go back to my car for a slab. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nanoro

Funkfield wrote: »
    Has there been an update on this?

Latest official wording from Body and Soul is:
    24 cans of beer / lager / cider OR 4 bottles white or red wine/prosecco (decanted into a plastic bottle - NO GLASS) OR 1 litre spirits (decanted into a plastic bottle - NO GLASS) Please note, searches will be undertaken upon entry to ensure this is complied with and any alcohol above this allocation will be confiscated. You may only bring your alcohol allocation into the festival upon first entry at the wristband check. If you leave the festival, upon re-admittance you will be searched again and any alcohol will be confiscated. STRICTLY NO GLASS BOTTLES.
    http://bodyandsoul.ie/info/faqs

I think the second quote about specific brands being let in was tongue-in-cheek

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

have they released the times for all the other stages yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭iancairns

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Popmart97

Has anybody got any tips for camping at B&S?

I have to admit Im not mad on the whole camping thing but our Campervan pal is not with us this weekend so we're gonna have to rough it :rolleyes:

where is the best part of the campsite? What is the best time to get there on Friday? etc etc

thanks!

The layout looks very different from last year so its hard to know where to camp. Don't camp near the toilets for one

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ofthebeststuff

Just got tickets for my first time at Body and Soul. Was at a few EPs but it's a couple of years since my last festival outing. I'm excited: friends are playing on one of the little stages and Body and Soul was usually my favourite part of EP. I don't recognise much on the lineup but am mostly just looking forward to a weekend out of the ordinary.

A bit nervous about the weather. There seems to be quite a bit of negativity surrounding this year's festival around the lineup, the price rise, and the alcohol policy. I'm trying not to let it put me off. I get the sense that it may have "jumped the shark" a little, but complaining about festivals is an artform, I guess. The alcohol policy is a bit of a bitch. I'm not a huge boozer, but I'm not a rich one either. We'll see, I guess. It seems crazy that they'd search everyone's every bag on the way to the campsite: will they be opening up tent bags and unrolling sleeping bags? Hrm.

I'd love to hear veteran's opinions and ideas about this year's festival. Trying to pump up my buzz.

Oh, and if anyone knows someone going to the festival from Galway, my friend and I are looking for a lift: more than happy to pay for petrol and provide snacks and wisecracks. We're travelling light as our friends are going early with the bulk of the gear.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

Ive been to all the body & soul's so far and a few picnics. I have every confidence we will have a great weekend. I know there has been a lot of stick about the booze and they could have definitely handled it better, but im sure its not going to affect the weekend overall. People will get their drink in one way or another, there's no way security is going to be checking how much you have. They will check or ask for glass thats all.
    I note from the map a few changes which I hope will be an improvement on last years bottlenecks. Keeping the two main stages away from the forest and Walled garden can only be a good idea!
    I still feel the festival is good value for three nights, James Murphy alone is reason enough to come on Friday.
    And lets just stay hopeful on the weather, the dry days before mean we wont be driving in and camping on muck like last year. There may only be the odd shower, and that might be at night!!

In my humble opinion Body & soul is the best festival experience out there!

Aw, thank you! That's exactly the sort of encouragement I needed to hear. :)

Yeah, we're getting there Friday, one way or another. Gotta leave Sunday evening, which I'm a little bummed about, but by then I may be ready for home and a duvet! ;)

I'm really looking forward to exploring the grounds, the photos are just gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Grimebox wrote: »
    The layout looks very different from last year so its hard to know where to camp. Don't camp near the toilets for one

Yep, looks totally different! Delighted they've changed the second stage location and layout - didn't really like its setup last year

Does anyone know what the vibe of the masquerade ball is like? IE type of music, do people go mad with the outfits? I'm lugging everything on my back so I'll prob keep it simple, but I'm super curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

whats the deal with "Box Office Collection"? is there a separate tent when i hand in my code and credit card for my ticket? never saw one last year.

I'm not sure, but I saw a reference somewhere to a "box office truck". I imagine it'll be positioned at the entrance from the carparks.

Am pushing rainclouds away with my mind. It's supposed to be 20 and sunny tomorrow and then get slowly worse over the weekend. Of course it could be worse.

Anyone have much info on the acts playing? Have done a little research but still fairly clueless. I'm easily pleased, but the BF isn't into "dance music", which...well. I'm hoping he finds lots to listen to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Anyone know if it's possible to get a single ticket for the bus journey back to Dublin on the Monday? Can I assume it'll be alright to rock up that morning and hand over some cash?

Can get to the venue in a friend's car but need to get the bus back on the Monday (friends leaving Sunday evening, I wanna stay on)

I'm not sure, but I saw a reference somewhere to a "box office truck". I imagine it'll be positioned at the entrance from the carparks.

Am pushing rainclouds away with my mind. It's supposed to be 20 and sunny tomorrow and then get slowly worse over the weekend. Of course it could be worse.

Anyone have much info on the acts playing? Have done a little research but still fairly clueless. I'm easily pleased, but the BF isn't into "dance music", which...well. I'm hoping he finds lots to listen to.

Well this lad is headlining Sunday night. It could be construed as dance music but its far more chilled that. Stick this set on in the background and see what you think. It builds and flows quite nicely

Actually just got introduced to this guy last weekend an am becoming a fan of his, but we're leaving Sunday night. Dude has to work Monday. :( I'm sure it will be a great show, though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I can't believe the drink restrictions. Why did they agree to it? Was there no other sponsor available.

It think it's highly immoral to force people who want to have drink to purchase a few drinks at ridiculous prices and that are served in plastic cups. All that after having paid 135 for a ticket!

I imagine they'll have lost a few customers with this. I'd nearly pull out on principle.

kraggy wrote: »
    I can't believe the drink restrictions. Why did they agree to it? Was there no other sponsor available.

It think it's highly immoral to force people who want to have drink to purchase a few drinks at ridiculous prices and that are served in plastic cups. All that after having paid 135 for a ticket!

I imagine they'll have lost a few customers with this. I'd nearly pull out on principle.

I seem to remember last year they wouldn't allow you to bring drink from the campsite into any other area. It was fairly easily by-passed though

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

kraggy wrote: »

I think the theory is, they want to stop profiteering - people bringing in crate loads of booze, and selling it - undercutting the sponsors - which has happened.
    24 cans for 3 days is maybe enough for many people, but no doubt not all.
    Perhaps the limit should be doubled..

Grimebox wrote: »
    I seem to remember last year they wouldn't allow you to bring drink from the campsite into any other area. It was fairly easily by-passed though
    IIRC last year you couldn't bring beer into the Main Arenas, or bar areas.
    They seemed pretty strict on it, but you could easily schnake a can or two inside yer jacka ;-)
    I was however drinking a can at the main stage which was swiped from my hand by security

harryd2 wrote: »
    I think the theory is, they want to stop profiteering - people bringing in crate loads of booze, and selling it - undercutting the sponsors - which has happened.
    24 cans for 3 days is maybe enough for many people, but no doubt not all.
    Perhaps the limit should be doubled..
    i've been going to festivals for 12 years and never seen that happen, and i can't even begin to imagine how/where it would happen, given that they can't get cans into the arena (where sponsors sell their alcohol), or why people would buy from some random person in the campsite, when they can buy/bring their own.

the 24 cans thing isn't too bad, but having to choose between either bringing cans, or the far lower amounts of wine or spirits is ridiculous.

as is not allowing people to bring in any alcohol after their first entry, which makes absolutely no sense, only to stop people bringing in their own alcohol and force them to buy at the bars.
    no other festival that i've seen or been to has such a ridiculous rule.

either they're going to have to abandon these stupid rules and just allow people to bring in what they want, same as last year and most other festivals, or there's going to be an absolute ****storm down there this weekend with the amount of people who will be unaware of the rules.

I've seen it happen before at other festivals albeit not B&S.
    I think allowing people bring in their own booze for personal use is fair enough,
    which I guess these rules are about - but I think they probably need fine tuning.
    Most festivals I've been to don't allow any booze to be brought in, so I think B&S are good in that regard, but just need some refinement.

• Advertisement

what festivals have you been to where you've seen it happen?
    and what ones (apart from Castlepalooza) don't allow alcohol to be brought in?
    of about 15 different festivals i've been to, all of them have allowed alcohol to be brought in.

they don't need to fine tune anything, just revert to last year's rules (or lack thereof), or have the same rules as Electric Picnic, Oxegen, Indiependence, Life, etc etc.

Advertisement