Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bradford City vs Arsenal 19:45 Capital One Cup 1/4 Final (Live on Sky Sports 1)

• 11-12-2012 5:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭

2012-12-09-14-55-13.jpg?w=392&h=294

1/4 Final of The Capital One Cup (Valley Parade)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20590500

Should be a very good game. Would like to see Arsenal and Wenger finally win this competition. Bradford on a good run in League 2 and should field a strong team tonight. Wenger will go (as always) with a mix of youth and experience.

Team news to follow when available.

Game is live on Sky Sports 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

I'm not even an Arsenal fan, but I hope they win this cup so the media can stop saying 'x years without a trophy'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I'm not even an Arsenal fan, but I hope they win this cup so the media can stop saying 'x years without a trophy'.

It wouldn't change anything. The media will just change their spiel to"x years without a major trophy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

cmon City!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I see a "Cupset" here....Arsenal to win easily enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Bradford to win for the meltdown at Arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

5-7 again with all the goals coming in the first half hour, as I have to go out after that, please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

I think its massive for da gooners to win something this season. Doesnt matter if its not one of the "Major" trophies like the league or the CL. We need it for the psychological impact on the players and the team as whole just to start winning again to spur us on to bigger things in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Not sure a bout this game for Arsenal as Bradford away will be tough.

Arsenal to scrape it 2-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Strong side. Would have liked to see eisfeld but no harm really as long as no unnecessary risks are being taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Arsenal XI: Szczesny, Sagna, Vermaelen, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Wilshere, Coquelin, Ramsey, Cazorla, Podolski, Gervinho.

Very strong team.

• Advertisement

ARSENAL SUBS: Mannone, Jenkinson, Squillaci, Rosicky, Arteta, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Chamakh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Eisfeld missing is really odd after they had him on the website talking about the match. Strong side tonight, should comfortably win this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Hopefully its Cazorla playing out wide because Ramsey is useless out there. I reckon Podolski will play up front too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Sign of intent from Wenger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭DenMan

LINE-UPS

Bradford: Duke, Darby, McHugh, McArdle, Meredith, Thompson, Doyle, Gary Jones, Atkinson, Hanson, Wells. Subs: McLaughlin, Ravenhill, Ritchie Jones, Connell, Hines, Turgott, Good.
    Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Cazorla, Ramsey, Wilshere, Podolski, Coquelin, Gervinho. Subs: Mannone, Rosicky, Arteta, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Squillaci, Jenkinson, Chamakh.

Referee: Mike Dean (Wirral)

Seeing those jerseys used tonight is painful to watch

Gervinho asking why he got booked for a deliberate handball.........ffs he ain't the smartest is he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Shame that Eisfeld didnt even make the bench, a player I very much so want to see more of in an Arsenal shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Paper thin squad coming into a very buy Christmas period packed with absolute must win league games and he risks our first choice Back 4, Wilshere and Cazorla.

Wtf?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Free header for TV, should have at least hit the target.

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    Paper thin squad coming into a very buy Christmas period packed with absolute must win league games and he risks our first choice Back 4, Wilshere and Cazorla.

Wtf?!

Two wins from a final in Wembley.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Wtf?!

Couldn't agree more. And they're a feckin goal down too.

GET THE **** IN!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

SWEET

Hold now Bradford, hold!

Wtf?!

Now and then ya really gotta ****ing wonder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

GET IN THERE

Good man Gary Thompson :mad:

Crap goal to leave in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Should have played the second string. They got us this far and should be rewarded as such.

Wtf?!

He wants to win a trophy. I obviously know that you wouldn't see the merit in such things given how long its been, but I can totally understand a football manager clicking in to gear two rounds from a Cup Final.

• Advertisement

Arsenal miss a couple of sitters, Bradford score with their first chance, they deserve to lead. If we're going to be reductionist about it like that then I don't see why they bother giving opinions. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭DenMan

Good goal Bradford! Game on!

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    He wants to win a trophy. I obviously know that you wouldn't see the merit in such things given how long its been, but I can totally understand a football manager clicking in to gear two rounds from a Cup Final.

Why are you watching a league cup match? Seeing where your soon-to-be ex will be heading? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Expected Bradford to score first but not too worried, yet. COYG!

Why are you watching a league cup match? Seeing where your soon-to-be ex will be heading? :pac:

:confused:

Whatever it is I hope nobody ends up in Bradford!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Meow.

Anyway, why are we tossing balls into the box when we're playing Gervinho up front? A target man he is not.

Gonna be difficult from here if we don't equalise before half time. Besides, it's not the Arsenal way to make it easy for ourselves.

The **** trophy Liverpool won last year.

cson wrote: »
    Meow.

Anyway, why are we tossing balls into the box when we're playing Gervinho up front? A target man he is not.

Gonna be difficult from here if we don't equalise before half time. Besides, it's not the Arsenal way to make it easy for ourselves.

Walcott on soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Two wins from a final in Wembley.

"Oh hello <insert 10M-15M summer signings name here> would you like to come play for Arsenal?"
    "Are you in the Champions League?"
    "No, but we got to the final of the Carling Cup before losing to Chelsea!"

*tumbleweed*

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I stuck a couple of euro on you to even out my account amount. If you's lose this, it's official. You's can blame me :pac:

• Advertisement

The **** trophy Liverpool won last year.

Funny that football players and managers seem to take the final stages of a competition seriously when people on message boards fall over themselves to point out how second rate it is. I'm sure the football people are wrong of course.

"Oh hello <insert 10M-15M summer signings name here> would you like to come play for Arsenal?"
    "Are you in the Champions League?"
    "No, but we got to the final of the Carling Cup before losing to Chelsea!"

*tumbleweed*

I prefer the glass half full version of events. The one where we win the CL & win the league cup :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

My opinion is we should always play youth players, or players needing games in the league cup.

On the match itself we have been dreadful so far, created sweet fcuk all.

Funny that football players and managers seem to take the final stages of a competition seriously when people on message boards fall over themselves to point out how second rate it is. I'm sure the football people are wrong of course.

Football people are always right, we should all just shut up, you're right. I don't know why football message boards even exist, you've really opened my eyes.

I personally don't give a **** about the league cup. Now if you ask "the football people" if I care about the league cup and they say I do then they would be wrong. If you ask if they care then they may, it doesn't mean that I give 2 ****s though.

If Arsenal fancy competing at any point they'll be well able to win this game, but right now they are allowing a fairly basic approach to get stuff done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I don't care what anybody thinks about the league cup or our trophy drought. With that team out there tonight we better get the bloody win or we're up shīt creek.

Football people are always right, we should all just shut up, you're right. I don't know why football message boards even exist, you've really opened my eyes.

I personally don't give a **** about the league cup. Now if you ask "the football people" if I care about the league cup and they say I do then they would be wrong. If you ask if they care then they may, it doesn't mean that I give 2 ****s though.

You don't get it, that's fine. Maybe you've never played sport or forgotten what it was like when you played sport - but you play to win the game. Finals, medals and trophies appeal and when they come within reach they're worth fighting for. You may consider season after season of winning sweet **** all success, but your manager doesn't - hence why he has put out a strong side tonight. Bradford's big heart will have to be subdued though!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

tbf it's a third rate cup at best, with the FA cup being second rate. Neither Liverpool nor Arsenal are first rate teams these days so its only natural they take it seriously imo. Regardless of how big the cup is I still want us to win it too dammit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Stadium is huge,fair play to bradford for filling it,and the crowd.

L'prof wrote: »
    I don't care what anybody thinks about the league cup or our trophy drought. With that team out there tonight we better get the bloody win or we're up shīt creek.
    Team looks as sticky as lethargic and clueless as ever most of this match. I missed the match on Saturday with a hangover so it's a good while since I smiled at an Arsenal match. :pac:

The lad on SSN summarising is hilariously clueless though. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement