Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feminist mob attempt to shut down talk on equality for males - MOD NOTE POST 10

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

A good example of this misrepresentation, which I didn't see first time around:
    tritium wrote: »
    And on your politics, please let's not get back to the last time we debated an issue on boards and you tied yourself up on embarrassing knots to defend a position you'd preciously stated you'd concede as reprehensible
    This is a direct lie from you. I never defended any views, after I had criticized them.

No doubt, you will not quote anything to back up what you claim here, because you are 100% fully aware, that it is a lie.

More waffle, a wall of meaningless sound.

If you want examples take a look at some of your own contributions on boards in the last while.

Frankly I couldn't be arsed getting into more trench warfare with you. I find your debating style too dishonest to be worth the effort.
    As expected, you shirk when asked to back up your claims/lies - I routinely back up my claims, you throw smears and then balk when asked to back them up.

You directly lie about what others have said, as well as regularly put out misrepresentations, and never back it up with anything - exactly the same as most of the articles you (and others) post, which try to spin up a controversy out of nothing, as an attack on feminism.

Same quality of argument all over Boards on this kind of topic - from many posters, it's basically propagandizing/soapboxing at this stage.

There are many reasonable posters on the topic criticizing feminism though, but so many who engage in tactics like the above, and try to pass it off as respectable/reasonable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

KomradeBishop & tritium - knock it off

If you don't want to go into it - then don't go into it, move on or take it to PM - there's a posting standard here - what you're offering falls below it so pull up the socks please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Earl Turner

Seems life in American colleges may not be the perpetual rapefest feminists would like you to believe it is.

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-30355922

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭iptba

(December 8 article)
    5 Examples Of Feminist Censorship That Will Make You Rethink Online Bullying
    By Janet Bloomfield
    http://thoughtcatalog.com/janet-bloomfield/2014/12/5-examples-of-feminist-censorship-that-will-make-you-rethink-online-bullying/

iptba wrote: »
    This issue including the banning of an abortion debate involving "two cisgender men" at the University of Oxford is discussed in this new article:
    Limits on Free Speech

February 5, 2015
    By
    Chris Havergal for Times Higher Education
    https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2015/02/05/report-says-british-universities-have-been-too-quick-limit-free-speech

I'm very uncomfortable with the restriction of free speech, particularly in a university environment where one would think freedom of thought should be encouraged.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,606 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'm very uncomfortable with the restriction of free speech, particularly in a university environment where one would think freedom of thought should be encouraged.

I work for the University of Sussex, the last left-wing university in the UK which is hanging by a thread. They've made huge cuts just to keep ticking over which lead to riots in 2012. Why is this relevant? Well, universities have transition from being centres for debate and innovation to big businesses though some of the latter still takes place. The coalition removing the cap n fees has aided in facilitating this process. Having actual debates and challenging prevailing opinion opens the doors for accusations of things like racism, sexism and homophobia. We had signs placed on our unisex bathroom doors saying that anyone, be they male, female or transgender. It's absurd. We all of us were sharing the bathroom with no issues whatsoever.
    So if you're expecting such passive institutions to stand up and criticise current trends when it might cost them money, forget it.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

This issue including the banning of an abortion debate involving "two cisgender men" at the University of Oxford is discussed in this new article:

Context is important here. The man representing the pro-choice side was arguably a racist, global warming denier, homophobic, Zionist.

Can't exactly blame a university for not wanting to give him a platform - the same debate with a less-batshít person representing the pro-choice side, would likely have been fine; and there'd have been no shortage of candidates for that position.

Otherwise though, I agree that corporatization of universities, combined with excessive politically-correct censorship, is a bad thing - I'm not sure how prevalent it is mind.

Otherwise though, I agree that corporatization of universities, combined with excessive politically-correct censorship, is a bad thing - I'm not sure how prevalent it is mind.

I probably should have posted this above:
    Free Speech University Rankings

[..]

The rankings found restrictions on freedom of expression at four out of five British universities. A total of 47 institutions were given a red rating by the rankings, meaning they were deemed to be particularly censorious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

Context is important here. The man representing the pro-choice side was arguably a racist, global warming denier, homophobic, Zionist.

Can't exactly blame a university for not wanting to give him a platform - the same debate with a less-batshít person representing the pro-choice side, would likely have been fine; and there'd have been no shortage of candidates for that position.

Context IS important here
    http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/i-helped-shut-down-an-abortion-debate-between-two-men-because-my-uterus-isnt-up-for-their-discussion-9867200.html
    http://oxfordstudent.com/2014/11/20/abortion-debate-cancelled/

There may be many reasons to dislike the participants, however it could have been Gandhi debating up there and there still would have been objections....

While the university hasn't explicitly agreed that their concerns were related to the protests by groups like cuntry living, the timing is remarkably coincidental...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,606 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Context IS important here
    http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/i-helped-shut-down-an-abortion-debate-between-two-men-because-my-uterus-isnt-up-for-their-discussion-9867200.html
    http://oxfordstudent.com/2014/11/20/abortion-debate-cancelled/

There may be many reasons to dislike the participants, however it could have been Gandhi debating up there and there still would have been objections....

While the university hasn't explicitly agreed that their concerns were related to the protests by groups like cuntry living, the timing is remarkably coincidental...

If you have more women than men attending university and paying extortionate fees then the last thing you want is for accusations of misogyny flying about the place putting off potential profits students.

What really irritates me about people like this is that they're ignoring real sexism and misogyny in their attempts to stifle free speech.

P.S. I'm not even slightly surprised to see Sussex faring poorly here:

http://www.spiked-online.com/free-speech-university-rankings/findings

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

If you have more women than men attending university and paying extortionate fees then the last thing you want is for accusations of misogyny flying about the place putting off potential profits students.

What really irritates me about people like this is that they're ignoring real sexism and misogyny in their attempts to stifle free speech.

P.S. I'm not even slightly surprised to see Sussex faring poorly here:

http://www.spiked-online.com/free-speech-university-rankings/findings

Good point. It also illustrates one of the most fundamental and ignored gender inequalities- the failure of the wider educational system to address systemic lower achievement by boys.

Interesting to see where some of the 'prestige' colleges sit on that index....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

Context is important here.
    The man representing the pro-choice side was arguably a racist, global warming denier, homophobic, Zionist.
    What has any of the above got to do with why the debate was cancelled?

The JCR(Student Union) lobbied the university not to host the talk on the basis of "the threat to the emotional and mental wellbeing and safety of the students of the college".
    Due to some people not liking the idea of men discussing abortion.

I've yet to find any article that shows that Brendan O'Neills attitudes to Israel or climate change to be a significant issue.
    As long as the person invited isn't breaking the law, there's no reason why they shouldn't be given a platform.

As long as the person invited isn't breaking the law, there's no reason why they shouldn't be given a platform.

It would look bad for the University.

It would look bad for the University.
    Not half as bad as caving into people who feel emotionally threatened by ideas that differ to their own.
    Universities should be the last places to give up on the idea of robust and open discourse.

• Advertisement

Not half as bad as caving into people who feel emotionally threatened by ideas that differ to their own.
    Universities should be the last places to give up on the idea of robust and open discourse.

You would think but they have shareholders to answer to. Like I said earlier, it's about profit. Debate and the advent of social media is a threat to that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

feminism isnt the problem, fanaticism is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Roquentin wrote: »
    feminism isnt the problem, fanaticism is.

The fanatics are in the mainstream now though. That is a problem

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    The fanatics are in the mainstream now though. That is a problem

George Santayana — 'Fanaticism consists of redoubling your efforts when you have forgotten your aim.'

What has any of the above got to do with why the debate was cancelled?

The JCR(Student Union) lobbied the university not to host the talk on the basis of "the threat to the emotional and mental wellbeing and safety of the students of the college".
    Due to some people not liking the idea of men discussing abortion.

I've yet to find any article that shows that Brendan O'Neills attitudes to Israel or climate change to be a significant issue.

As I saw put well elsewhere, there's no reason to give anybody a free soapbox either; there was nothing stopping them having the debate elsewhere, and it probably would have gone ahead if the debate was not so ridiculously lopsided in selection.

It'd be a bit like having a debate on Israel vs Palestine, with a Zionist defending the Palestinian side, and then complaining when the university cancels that debate.

• Advertisement

It'd be a bit like having a debate on Israel vs Palestine, with a Zionist defending the Palestinian side, and then complaining when the university cancels that debate.
    It doesn't look like that at all from my quick read of Brendan O'Neill's speech. He seems to be clearly pro-choice:
    http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/why-i-am-pro-choice/16221#.VNkZGZ2sVp8

As I saw put well elsewhere, there's no reason to give anybody a free soapbox either;
    And that's up to Oxford Students For Life to decide.
    there was nothing stopping them having the debate elsewhere
    Why should they, they're a college society after all.
    and it probably would have gone ahead if the debate was not so ridiculously lopsided in selection.
    And where has this been shown to be a significant concern for the people opposed to the debate?
    And since when has this been reason to shut down a debate?

It doesn't look like that at all from my quick read of Brendan O'Neill's speech. He seems to be clearly pro-choice:
    http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/why-i-am-pro-choice/16221#.VNkZGZ2sVp8
    I wasn't trying to imply he was not pro-choice - my analogy there is faulty, so I retract that.

Nonetheless, the guy holds many completely bigoted views, as well as anti-science views - sufficient enough, to raise legitimate concerns, that his anti-feminism may also be rooted in wider bigotry - so he's one of the most non-obvious and worst choices, to pick for a pro-choice position.

They could have picked almost anybody else, and the debate likely would have gone ahead.

I wasn't trying to imply he was not pro-choice - my analogy there is faulty, so I retract that.

Nonetheless, the guy holds many completely bigoted views, as well as anti-science views - sufficient enough, to raise legitimate concerns, that his anti-feminism may also be rooted in wider bigotry - so he's one of the most non-obvious and worst choices, to pick for a pro-choice position.

They could have picked almost anybody else, and the debate likely would have gone ahead.

It doesn't look like that from reading this article, for example:
    NIAMH MCINTYRE

Tuesday 18 November 2014

I helped shut down an abortion debate between two men because my uterus isn't up for their discussion

The idea that in a free society absolutely everything should be open to debate has a detrimental effect on marginalised groups

What were you trying to say? That only women should be allowed discuss this?

And that's up to Oxford Students For Life to decide.
    Actually the university decided, and we don't know what exact reason the university based their decision on.
    Why should they, they're a college society after all.

And where has this been shown to be a significant concern for the people opposed to the debate?
    And since when has this been reason to shut down a debate?
    If the university rejected it because of the content of the debate, then I'd agree that's bad, but if they rejected it based on the abysmal reputation of one of the participants, then I can't really blame them for not wanting to give him a platform.
    I'd view that less as rejecting the debate itself, more that individual person - again, we don't know what exact reason the university used though.

I've been thinking it over and haven't quite made my mind up though, so I'm open to persuasion on that point, as I'm not certain yet exactly how I view rejecting an individual person based on reputation.

The university cancelled the debate, not those protesting though - they were exercising their free speech, through protesting, as they have a right to.

I personally think her views are sexist though, as I don't think a persons gender affects their qualification/right to enter into such a debate; it's a pet peeve of mine actually, when someone tries to pull that crap, of excluding you from a debate based on gender.

An interesting report on this from the Huffington post
    http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/6176846

The last bit is informative if correct
    according to student paper the Cherwell, the debate was due to be held at Christ Church college. An email from the presdeitn explained the reason for OSFL being denied permission to host the debate was because "there was insufficient time between today and tomorrow to address some concerns they had about the meeting arising from potential security and welfare issues".

If correct they basically caved under the threat of a security issue. A number of groups had threatened to do more than just stand there with placards- you know, what you and I would usually understand as protest.

Oxford actually seems to have a pretty radical student element, as in could at times be mistaken for a US campus. Last year they also had the controversy over the Ben Sullivan rape accusation.

Do you have anything to backup this claim with?
    ...but if they rejected it based on the abysmal reputation of one of the participants, then I can't really blame them for not wanting to give him a platform.
    Yet nowhere are either of the speakers reputations brought up as a significant issue.
    And lets face it they can't be worse than David Irving, the Holocaust denier who was allowed to speak.
    The university cancelled the debate, not those protesting though - they were exercising their free speech, through protesting, as they have a right to.
    Womcam said that they would support disruptive protesting.
    This goes well beyond free speech and into the territory of silencing opposing opinions.

Do you have anything to backup this claim with?

Yet nowhere are either of the speakers reputations brought up as a significant issue.
    And lets face it they can't be worse than David Irving, the Holocaust denier who was allowed to speak.
    I'm assuming it's partly down to the guys reputation; not really enough information to say one way or the other though, so I can't back that.
    Womcam said that they would support disruptive protesting.
    This goes well beyond free speech and into the territory of silencing opposing opinions.
    Protesting is protesting. They have a right to exercise their free speech.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭newport2

Protesting is protesting. They have a right to exercise their free speech.

There are many different types of protesting, from peaceful, to disruptive to violent, so to say protesting is protesting is rubbish. If what Jackofalltrades said is true and they were ready and threatening to go beyond peaceful protesting, then that's not what I would class as protesting. It's bullying and intimidation to censor opinions they don't agree with.

Sure they have a right to exercise their free speech.....but to argue that it's ok for them to use it to stifle the free speech of others is just hypocritical.

newport2 wrote: »
    There are many different types of protesting, from peaceful, to disruptive to violent, so to say protesting is protesting is rubbish. If what Jackofalltrades said is true and they were ready and threatening to go beyond peaceful protesting, then that's not what I would class as protesting. It's bullying and intimidation to censor opinions they don't agree with.

Sure they have a right to exercise their free speech.....but to argue that it's ok for them to use it to stifle the free speech of others is just hypocritical.
    I'm not saying I agree with these protesters, but what did they do exactly, that is not covered by free speech?

What exactly were they threatening to do, and what proof is there that they threatened that?

Just because a protest is 'disruptive' doesn't mean it's not peaceful - a handful of people can sit on the road on a busy street, or stand at the entrance to a building, and cause a big disruption, while protesting peacefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

stand at the entrance to a building, and cause a big disruption, while protesting peacefully.

I think you'll find that doing the above (Bold emphasis is mine above) is not distruption but obstruction, i.e. an attempt to prevent an event proceeding, ergo stifling of voices you disagree with in this case.

Edit: most videos I've seen of "feminists" taking issue with some talk or event or other have been deeply militant and distruptive to the degree of obstruction not protest. So when I see "threats" by so-called "feminist" groups, I am deeply uncomfortable with the thought that they are attempting to nothing but oppress the rights of others. Yet if the police move them on when they get out of hand, they scream oppression whilst being unwilling to accept responsibility for their own actions/words. Clearly only their voices and actions are permitted; all else must conform or be attacked brutally.

Christ, if ever there was a case of a paper not refusing ink. I feel like my own emotional well being needs to be protected after that. Gems such as:
    Access to abortion impacts the lives of women, trans and non-binary people every day
    Really? How exactly are trans folk part of this? At best you'd have to qualify it with an acknowledgement that, to use her own delightful phrase, many of them don't have uteruses.

Or this:
    In organizing against this event, I did not stifle free speech. As a student, I asserted that it would make me feel threatened in my own university; as a woman, I objected to men telling me what I should be allowed to do with my own body.

A1 for self entitlement! -my own university! Yeah, sure never mind the opinions of anyone else who pays fees or goes to lectures. I look forward to hearing next what should be permitted on her own planet, I'm sure she won't be slow to provide it. I'm assuming she'll be just as willing to shut the hell up in case anyone else is feeling threatened in their own university by her particular brand of intolerance.

Intolerant, self entitled fcukwittery of the highest order

Lemming wrote: »
    I think you'll find that doing the above (Bold emphasis is mine above) is not distruption but obstruction, i.e. an attempt to prevent an event proceeding, ergo stifling of voices you disagree with in this case.

Edit: most videos I've seen of "feminists" taking issue with some talk or event or other have been deeply militant and distruptive to the degree of obstruction not protest. So when I see "threats" by so-called "feminist" groups, I am deeply uncomfortable with the thought that they are attempting to nothing but oppress the rights of others. Yet if the police move them on when they get out of hand, they scream oppression whilst being unwilling to accept responsibility for their own actions/words. Clearly only their voices and actions are permitted; all else must conform or be attacked brutally.
    What is it that these particular feminists were doing or planning to do though? We don't know whether it was going to be 'disruptive' or 'obstruction' or anything.

What is it that these particular feminists were doing or planning to do though? We don't know whether it was going to be 'disruptive' or 'obstruction' or anything.

that they started issuing threats, and that the university cited "security costs" as a reason for cancelling the event shows that they are following the template as used by UoT groups in obstructing talks they didn't "agree" with. And that neither bodes well for any benefit of the doubt one might consider giving, or for the future of debate in general.

that they started issuing threats, and that the university cited "security costs" as a reason for cancelling the event shows that they are following the template as used by UoT groups in obstructing talks they didn't "agree" with. And that neither bodes well for any benefit of the doubt one might consider giving, or for the future of debate in general.
    What threats? I've read the articles available, and didn't see anything about that - link?

What threats? I've read the articles available, and didn't see anything about that - link?

I'll need to reading back through what I've read, but I seem to recall some mention of issuing threats - unspecified - and right now I've got work to get finished so your question will need to remain unanswered for a few hours.

In any case, that the university has cited security costs would also imply they expect trouble from the protesters.

From here. I couldn't find a direct link, but this is widely reported.
    WomCam called “for an apology from OSFL for hosting this event and urge them to cancel it” and supported a “disruptive protest” if the event goes ahead. WomCam further added “we also support those within Christ Church who are working to stop the event going ahead”.

From the Facebook group "What the f*ck is 'Abortion Culture'?"
    The page is no longer available but what they said has been widely reported.
    From this website.
    A protest group, entitled "What the **** is 'Abortion Culture'?", has been set up in response to the debate, with around 300 people having signed up – the group encourages its members to "take along some non-destructive but oh so disruptive instruments to help demonstrate to the anti-choicers just what we think of their 'debate'."

Seems pretty clear that people were planning on shutting down free speech that they disagreed with.

• Advertisement

'Disruptive' protest doesn't mean threats...as I explained, 'disruptive' protests can be perfectly peaceful. That quote doesn't make it obvious at all, what they were planning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

'Disruptive' protest doesn't mean threats...as I explained, 'disruptive' protests can be perfectly peaceful. That quote doesn't make it obvious at all, what they were planning.

The debate was cancelled not because of the choice of speaker but as a result of security and welfare concerns. So you believe there was enough evidence of these concerns for the college to cancel the debate but not enough evidence to suggest the protests would not be peaceful?

Surely a college would not cancel every debate that had the merest chance of a protest? Surely a college would only cancel a debate if they felt a protest would not be peaceful, that it would be an actual security and welfare issue?

Maguined wrote: »
    The debate was cancelled not because of the choice of speaker but as a result of security and welfare concerns. So you believe there was enough evidence of these concerns for the college to cancel the debate but not enough evidence to suggest the protests would not be peaceful?

Surely a college would not cancel every debate that had the merest chance of a protest? Surely a college would only cancel a debate if they felt a protest would not be peaceful, that it would be an actual security and welfare issue?

That's the beauty of threats like this isn't it, a college can't not take them seriously they have a duty of care. In many ways the crowd who threatened the gamergate talk a while back were grade A amateurs- why threaten specific violence when promising something 'disruptive' *nudge **wink* is just as effective and has much less legal comeback.

I said clearly that we don't have enough information to say either way. Whatever 'security concerns' there were, we don't know what that means exactly.

Taking that and jumping to the conclusion that the protests were going to be violent, is fallacious reasoning.

I never said the protests would be violent, I said the college had reasoned the protests would not be peaceful as they had safety concerns.

Maybe the wefare concerns were the cause as the woman that bragged about getting the debate shut down said in her article that the mere fact a debate was happening with two men was damaging to students welfare as it would make them feel threatened.

I don't see either as a god situation. In fact I cannot see any situation where a college feels there are genuine safety or welfare concerns due to a debate as being acceptable, can you?

• Advertisement

*shrugs* Who knows what the exact reasoning was for claiming safety concerns - as far we know, it could just as easily have been used as a random unrelated excuse, to just avoid the whole issue; no way to know.

I don't really see the point in debating over unknowns/what-ifs.

I don't really see the point in debating over unknowns/what-ifs.

Then why bother posting to this or any other topic on boards? Surely the entire point of a discussion forum is the debate unkowns or offer speculative opinions on things?

The reason why the college cancelled the debate is known, they stated it was for safety and well being concerns. If you do not debate unknowns then why did you speculate that it could of been used as an excuse?

If the college publically stating the reason why they cancelled the debate is not enough evidence for it to become a "known" point to your standards then what does?

Then why bother posting to this or any other topic on boards? Surely the entire point of a discussion forum is the debate unkowns or offer speculative opinions on things?

The reason why the college cancelled the debate is known, they stated it was for safety and well being concerns. If you do not debate unknowns then why did you speculate that it could of been used as an excuse?

If the college publically stating the reason why they cancelled the debate is not enough evidence for it to become a "known" point to your standards then what does?
    It's obvious I said that, in the context of "What exactly happened, coming up to this talk/event?" - not about debating things in general on Boards.

Posters are jumping to the conclusion (based on insufficient evidence) that the protesters were making threats of non-peaceful protest, and I really don't see the point of debating over potential 'what-if's, where posters are just trying to rationalize that conclusion, based on zero evidence.

The college cancelling the debate, and cancelling it based on security concerns, does not show any evidence that the protesters were threatening non-peaceful protest; nothing people have posted, shows any evidence of that.

The college cancelling the debate, and cancelling it based on security concerns, does not show any evidence that the protesters were threatening non-peaceful protest; nothing people have posted, shows any evidence of that.

That is an extrordinarily naieve view, or deeply biased. I'm not sure which, although I suspect the latter.

That is an extrordinarily naieve view, or deeply biased. I'm not sure which, although I suspect the latter.
    The only thing 'naive' is making assumptions, to jump to your desired conclusions, without the facts to back it; basic lack of logical thinking, which is coming from posters who display a past history of having a "feminists are bad" confirmation bias.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement