Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hkc alarm

Options
  • 11-12-2012 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi all looking for some help please...i want to add a PIR sensor from a garage to my house alarm(hkc securewatch 8/12). As i have no pir sensors in the house im looking for a diagram to show the wiring setup. I want to connect to zone 3(which is the back door of my house) and i thought it was just a case of following whats already there. I ran the alarm cable (4 core) from the garage to the control panel...zone 3 has 4 contacts 2 alarm and 2 tamper red and black going to alarm blue and yellow to tamper
    so my first question how do i wire into the panel

Now the pir
    It has 7 contacts
    12v+ 12v- data alarm alarm tamper tamper
    how do i wire this

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

12 v to the + and - . One cable into the first alarm terminal and one wire into the last tamper terminal . Then select the 4k7 tamper jumper and the 4k7 alarm jumper

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭churchtown2012

thanks for the quick reply thunderbird2 im not what you mean by select 4k7 and do you have any ideas on the pir wiring

Okay ... You have 4 cores red,black,blue and yellow . Red is + ,black -. Connect them to the PIRs + & - connections .
    Then connect them to the aux + & - back at the panel . Connect the blue and yellow into a free zone on the board into the alarm terminals . Set the zone hardware to" dual Eol " . Then at the PIR connect the yellow wire into the first alarm terminal and the blue into the last tamper terminal . Then using the little black links on the PIR select 4k7 on both going across . You'll see it written on the PIR PCB

thanks again thunderbird2
    will it be ok to connect to zone 3 on my panel as this zone is just arming a backdoor

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

thanks again thunderbird2
    will it be ok to connect to zone 3 on my panel as this zone is just arming a backdoor
    It is not recommended to series in other devices with a PiR because of the higher resistance, but with one device it should be OK.

• Advertisement

Is your back door wired using two wires??

no it has 4 wires
    black and red =alarm 1-2
    blue and yellow=tamper 1-2

thanks for your reply koolkid

Are all the zones on the panel used? Where are you getting power for the pir??

the red and black i wired to aux + and - and i had power to the pir and it was detecting motion i could get it to set the alarm off

• Advertisement

make sure your not using the wires from the back door sensor that are directly connected to the sensor . Is it a separate 4 core your using ? Ie not connected to any other sensors

no thunderbird it a new run of cable that i installed

And you've no spare zones ?? Best to keep it on its own zone

well i maybe able to free up zone 3

Let us know how it works out

will do thanks if i put it in zone 3 on its own will i have to change the hardware settings

Yes to dual Eol and wire it like above :/)

thanks thunderbird you have been a great help,,,i post how i get on thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

well i maybe able to free up zone 3

Another option is to add a point ID PIR and inertia/contact. this will allow you have the two different detectors on the same zone. Not zone 3 but zone 5. You would need the engineer code to do this.

thanks thunderbird i wired it to zone 3 (backdoor) and it worked with no problems....now i have the problem with arming the backdoor
    any ideas on wiring the backdoor
    im thinking of wiring it to zone 8 which in kitchen window which has 2 sensors on it (2 opening windows)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What do you mean when you say a problem arming the back door? Is the zone staying open?

hi koolkid sorry if this is all this is getting messy.. basically i removed the backdoor off zone 3 as i had no free zones to install a pir for my garage. now what i want to do is put the backdoor on zone 8 which is kitchen windows..the kitchen consist's of 2 sensors so i would like to know if it is possible to link the backdoor with the kitchen window using the cable already in the panel....hope this makes sense

Yes , you series in the 2 pairs. So say its 2 red & blacks, join the 2 blacks together & put the 2 reds into the zone input.

so koolkid in zone 8 (kitchen) at the moment i have

alarm alarm tamper tamper
    red blk yel blue
    so if i add the backdoor to this(which is a 4 core cable)will it look like this

alarm alarm tamper tamper
    red yel blue
    red yel blue
    and just wire the 2 blacks together but i do not insert them into the alarm input

sorry that last reply did not come up the way i typed it out

so the new zone will look like this
    redx2 alarm
    none alarm
    yelx2 tamper
    bluex2 tamper

So you have 2 of each colour.
    Join the 2 blacks together in a connector block and join the 2 yellows together the same.
    Now wire the 2 reds into the zone and the 2 blues into the tamper.

thanks koolkid sorry for been a pest...ur a gent

You welcome. Was posting from my mobile so I hope it makes sense. Any problems let me know. If need be Ill do up a diagram.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 ckinane

Hi Guys,

I recently setup my HKC 10/70 Alarm, I have Dialler connected and setup to Text my and partner phones, but also to Ring my phone.
    I ran a full alarm test, When I enter the Front Door, Wait for the alarm disarm time to count down without unsetting the Alarm, then trigger the Kitchen PIR whict set of the Alarm, Both phones got Text's but my phone did not ring me. It does ring me for all other Alarm Activation. Just to be clear the Front door is set to Ent/Exit.
    Thanks

Advertisement